The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just got a 7.3 (not sure on the year) and he is wondering who makes the stock turbos on them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
my 96 is Garrett (sp)

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i was thinking. thanks

·
6,337 Posts
Garret, the stocker in a superduty is a GTP-38, the ball bearing one is a GTP-38r

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Joe, I'm gonna see if i can talk him into chipping it. What would you recommend?

·
6,337 Posts
diesel_ram_man said:
Thanks again Joe, I'm gonna see if i can talk him into chipping it. What would you recommend?

Duhhhhhh

ELITE DIESEL!!!

But really, Jody is good, Dennis at TS is good, David at DI is good... Pick your happy place and go for it...

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL now I just know the basics to these trucks. So if he adds a chip what else (if anything) will he have to do to it? And yeah I know gauges are a must, which gauges boost, pyro, fuel psi?

·
6,337 Posts
Pyro, boost and if its an auto, tranny temp... Fuel pressure is a close 4th...

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, thanks. I found out it's a 2001 Auto Reg. cab 4x4. I'll be giving him the inside of modding diesels tomorrow. :evil: Maybe I can talk him into going to Smokin' too.

·
459 Posts
Go with Jody Tiptons DP-Tuner chips, you cant go wrong, especially after an intake, exhaust and TURBO.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will he need to do anything else to the motor when he adds the chip? like HPOP, turbos etc. I don't know much about these motors. Can he just add the chip get some gauges and be ok? I talked him into a chip :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts