The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 01 cummins and i heard from one of my buddies that i can put a combine turbo off a john deere tractor he said that it would match up what to you think?:happymugs:mafia1::thumbsup

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i aint sure he said it would match up but he was gonna get me more info on it he put it on his buddies truck and all so it must do a lil good lol

·
stock is boring
214 Posts
Most of the john deere turbos that I have seen run a fairly large exhaust housing and have lots of blades on the comp wheel which makes for low air flow volumes and typically does not work very well as a performance turbo on a 5.9l cummins.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ol ok well ill ask him i got on ebay last night and looked at a combined turbo it look almost exact like a stock 5.9L

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what would they go on a trackgo or bulldozer?

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
/\
l
l
Seriously?

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts

·
3,514 Posts
John deere generally uses Schwitzer turbos from what I've seen. However, I bet that there are a lot of different turbos that they use. Also, many of them have the t3 flange and will bolt directly onto the stock dodge manifold, however, that doesn't mean its an upgrade. Since many ag and equipment diesels turn low RPM and have a low power out put, a lot of airflow isn't needed so the turbo may not be that big. Find out the true specs of it and go from there.
Find out, compressor inducer size, Exhaust turbine exducer size, and exhaust housing A/R or size in cm^2. Also is it wastegated, non wastegated etc...
Sean

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
nobody, was a forum bot that was spamming the forums. It has since been banned, which makes my posts look out of place and a-holish...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts