The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2003 10 vane turbo and pedistal i am wanting to put on my truck the turbo has 115K on it and was working good when removed buit i was wanting to taking it apart and cleaing it up and replacing all the bearings and seals in it and was wondering how hard this is and if anbody had any sugestions or right up on it. Is there anything else i should do to it before i put it on. Thanks for any info.

·
1,661 Posts

·
79 Posts
I would just clean it, as described in the article. Keep your oil clean, and let it cool by idling down after a hard run, and it should be good for 500K. Most turbos fail from lack of maintenance and abuse. Oh, and BTW, install the revised turbo drain tube if you didn't during your EGR delete.

John

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a rebuild kit that comes with new bearing sleaves and seals so I was just going to use it while I have it apart cleaning it. And I have the updated oil feed and drain lines on my truck now

·
PitBullPowerStroker
154 Posts
Oh, and BTW, install the revised turbo drain tube if you didn't during your EGR delete.

John

Is the newer turbo drain tube that much better than the original?
Happen to have a part #?

·
79 Posts
Is the newer turbo drain tube that much better than the original?
Happen to have a part #?
The new drain tube allows the turbo oil to drain faster, which reduces the lubricating oil temp in the turbo and subsequent coking of oil in the turbo bearings. I don't have a part #, I just asked my Ford parts guy (he knows me REAL WELL) for the revised drain tube, he knew EXACTLY what I was looking for.

John

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where did you get the rebuild kit w/ these parts in them?
I did not get a rebuild kit with the newer style suply line and the drain line my truck is a 06 so it comes with the newer lines from the factory i got the garrett rebuild kit which comes with the bearing and seals and bolts. If taht is what you are looking for PM me

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there anything to do to the VGT solionoid or to test it to make sure it is in 100% working order.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anbody make a bigger compressor wheel i can put in the turbo while i have it apart?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts