The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought my truck with all the mods in my sig minus the fass and vb.

someone gave me a hx35w turbo off of a 01 ho six speed.

I was going to put it on but saw I have a hx35w.
is this a stock turbo on a 99 auto. I was told a hx30 is stock?
if so, is the one off the ho a little different?

thanks for the help this is my first post, love the new truck.
adam

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
hx35 w/ a 12cm^2 exhaust housing is stock on 94-2002 Cummins except 2001 (02 too?) automatics which have an hy35 w/ a restrictive but responsive 9cm housing.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
yep Its good to have I guess, but not good for much

·
93 Posts
I can take it off you hands for cheep if you want.

·
3,514 Posts
Where are you at? I would take that off your hands too if you're interested. My Wastegate is frozen shut on mine, and I can't get the housing to free up to clock it for twins, so I may be in the market for a new stock charger. Let me know.
Sean

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i am trying to figure out my turbo. I have the edge boost elbow and can pull 23 pounds of boost on 6. With the wastegate plugged i can see 35 pounds but usually like 27-30 in town.

does this sound rite?
or should I try the other turbo, is mine shot.

Two people i talked to can pull 35 pounds no problem, but they are sticks.

and i am located 40 miles north of san francisco

·
3,514 Posts
I was pulling about 30ish with my hot edge before the sticks, with the sticks in I could pull 38-45psi. Where are you, Petaluma? I'm up in Sebastopol I'm about 60miles north of SF. Let me know what you want for it, I'd even trade you for mine, which works fine for a stock configuration, I just can't get it to clock for the twins. I was going to say though that 23psi with the boost elbow sounds a little low though, it should should be higher, I have an elbow you can try if you want.
Sean

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i was going to buy the turbo for 200.

I don't know what they are worth.
yeah i am from petaluma

·
3,514 Posts
200 is a pretty fair price, you usually see them go in the 150-300 range depending on condition. I got my exhaust housing to move a bit today, so I'm sure I'll be able to get it free, which means I don't really need that turbo. But I have a friend in Novato that is interested for his 01 which has the hy35.

I was going to offer a Mag-hytec trans pan in trade if you don't already have one, but that won't work for your friend if he's the one selling the charger. Anyways, we can figure a way to get your charger working right and that one sold for your friend if he's interested.
Sean

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my turbo is fine. in town it is below 32psi, but on the freeway i can easely hit 37psi.

I could buy the turbo, then trade it for the pan, is it the double deep pan?

If you want pm me your info and we can talk, i will send you mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts