The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know anything about the BD super B turbos? i was thinking about getting the super B single, then later upgrading to the twin setup.. anyone had experience with them? thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run one on mine like it very much. Gives a little more kick in the pants. A lot less hesitation than stock, I have the same idea to go to twins latter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so who sells the s300g? and bone stock?? which brand and size would u recommend mkoth?

·
393 Posts
I have had really good luck with High Tech Turbo. A 62mm wheel with your choice of the exhaust housings and such. It makes an good top turbo on a set of twins later on down the road. Then you have lots of choices on whos twins you want to run.

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts

Borg Warner part number.

Go to any turbo and/or pump shop and ask for that part number turbo.

The only other thing you will need is an hx40 downpipe and an adjustable boost elbow.

Last I heard Turbo Supply in Joplin Missouri gets around $800 bucks for one, brand new.

I see you are from Iowa, if you ever get to the correct side of the state, we can make your truck run decent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha.. correct side of the state huh? where's that? how can u make it run "decent"?

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
cmac44 said:
ha.. correct side of the state huh? where's that? how can u make it run "decent"?
West is best. :Thumbup:

Get rid of the Banks stuff and get a good turbo on it and it will run decent.

You already have a good trans.

·
3,514 Posts
Isn't the BD twins kit just 2 s300 variants. A bone stock one top "super B" like Mkoth said, and a modified S300 on the bottom? That just doesn't seem like it would push enough air to support a good amount of fuel. I would think an S300/S400 combo would be much better and not sacrifice that much drivability.

thats just my thoughts on it though.
Sean

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k so i was looking at HT turbos and there are so many choices! I read about the turbo matchings, and i was kinda leanin towards a 64/14 or 64/12... any suggestions? any experience with the different size housings and wheels? thanks

B

·
0 Posts
The 64 series in either 12 or 14 are excellent turbos. However I would recommend getting the new 62/13 stainless turbo. It has a 71mm exhaust wheel tucked inside that 13cm stainless housing. It is relatively quick spooling and will support up to 575hp. It has the dual port wastegate and is just a sweet turbo. I am personally running this one as well as several other on here. You can also get it in a 64/13 and a 66/13.

No matter what you can not go wrong with any of High Techs products. Give them a call and tell them what you want to do, they will not steer you wrong.

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
When picking a turbo, you want to make sure the turbine wheel is larger then the compressor wheel. If the wheels are too close in size, or if the turbine is smaller then the compressor, the turbo will surge under load.

The stainless housing HTT uses transfers more heat to the turbine wheel, allowing faster spool up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts