The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Singles Club #2
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bud has a 99 24v and has a built tranny, air intake, 90hp injectors and a smarty. He went to a local shop for pricing on stacks to replace his 4" exhaust, and asked them what they would recommend next. They said he has plenty of fuel and could use more air next. They use BD products; so his question was does anyone recommend BD, or somethin else (hes open to ideas cuz hes sittin on $2500 to spend on upgrades). :idea:

·
3,514 Posts
IMO an a5k would be way too big for that amount of fuel. In my experience they are pigs on the street, a 71mm comp wheel is big for a single. I would say with his set up, get a bone stock s300g or 62/12 or 62/14 and throw a fueling box like an edge comp in as well if he doesn't already have one.
Sean

·
Registered
432 Posts
i am looking in the long run he might want to put alot more fuel to her and then with aurora already there he would have the extra air he needs and look at mike tomac's truck he drives it every with a5k no prbolems i know it it is a d max and all but still truck runs great should beable to do the same on a cummins

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i agree with sstockton. s300g and 62/14 would be good choices. and A5k is too big for a daily driven single. just my :2cents

Garrett

·
Registered
432 Posts
ok i was just sayin quite a few guys around me have them and drive them ever day no problems but nuttin wrong with 62/14 either

·
3,514 Posts
My only experience with the A5k is on a friends 05 common rail, that is putting down 891 on spray with that charger, and it is really laggy on the street if you're trying to drive it normal. If you don't mind a ton of smoke, and a bit of lag down low, which can be fine for some, its not a bad charger. If you're using the truck to DD and tow with, that isn't always fun. Just my .02 though.
Sean

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The 5000 is way to big for that engine and fueling combination. Run a Phat shaft 62/14 all you will ever need and have awesome driveability. I will PM you some pricing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i agree with DART505 the 4000 should provide growablility which means in the future when u up grade u wont have to upgrade the turbo again it will handle it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts