The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my turbo started squeeling a bit and seemed to have lost all shaft play, it is now bad enough I have stopped driving it. It gets very hot and creates less than average amounts of boost.

I have been looking into hybrids and was wondering what and who everyone was having success with. I would like to keep this as cheap but effecient for continuing to make power down the road. I have loooked into a complete turbo but Im in the middle of buying a new home so money is a large factor.

Truck is a 98.5, 5spd, w/ edge juice att w/ stg 6, stg 2 AFE, 4" into 6" MBRB stacks, running 2 lift pumps one in tank and one on the frame with half inch fuel line and ats relay kit to both.

I would eventually like to be well over 500 hp if not way more but oney allows. I would like a turbo to get me as far along as possible as well as throwing some sticks at it as well in the near future(after new turbo and house lol).

Whatcha think???

·
1,189 Posts
I make 488 with my setup s300 62/71/14 110hp ddps, edge juice with attitude and a fass. If your tight on money buy a used hx35 to get you by and then get a good turbo as the hybrid will not support what you want. Also recommend you get rid of the in-tank pump and get a fass or airdog 150. They work and will save you from killing a injection pump as the in tank pumps are garbage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts