The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I can't take it anymore. When I turn either turn signal on, it blinks about twice as fast as it should. The four ways blink at the right speed, but the turns are twice as fast. Can someone explain this to me?

·
129 Posts
it usally means a bulb is out. or the flasher is going. sorry i cant be more help

·
1,386 Posts
When mine did that I replaced the flasher and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
394 Posts
tjl said:
When mine did that I replaced the flasher and it solved the problem.
What do you mean by the flasher???

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Turn on your turn signal (not the 4 way) and listen for the clicking under the dash, find the little gizmo clicking and replace it with a heavy duty unit.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
a flasher is like a time delay for the singnal power to bulb like a relay on off on off that kinda thing there usally silver and round like the size of a quarter by about an inch

·
Registered
394 Posts
Oh i c now...

·
2,106 Posts
It is usually in the fuse block under the dash...
It is almost always the flasher when the turn signal blinks too fast, a lot of times only one side will go too fast and the other not work at all. It isn't usually a bulb gone that makes it go to fast but on some rigs it is that way.

·
2,106 Posts
just go to autozone or napa. they'll have the right one and they are cheap

·
Registered
394 Posts
99StrokerDude said:
just go to autozone or napa. they'll have the right one and they are cheap
There aint no napa's or autozone's where i live... Just Advance Auto Parts but i will c if i can locate it one day next week...

·
1,386 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
What do you mean by the flasher???
The flasher is in the fuse box. It's a round silver thing (for better words)that plugs into the fuse box.

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
There aint no napa's or autozone's where i live... Just Advance Auto Parts but i will c if i can locate it one day next week...
Advance auto is good, call them and see if they have one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts