The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if the fuel pump on my 97 has a screw to where i can turn the fuel up??? THANKS!

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
Your 97 is all electronic, the only way to "turn it up" without doing mechanical upgrades to injectors, etc... is to chip it or program it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That figures! :-(

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
find a 12v cummins they can get screewed tighter for a bit mor power

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL LOL LOL :whs

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
Do you guys know if the fuel pump on my 97 has a screw to where i can turn the fuel up??? THANKS!
Weren't you posting in the last couple of days that you didn't wan't to do anything that may compromise the reliability of your truck??

Just get a Dp Tuner, and take a walk on the wild side :poke:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fast_Ashley said:
Weren't you posting in the last couple of days that you didn't wan't to do anything that may compromise the reliability of your truck??

Just get a Dp Tuner, and take a walk on the wild side :poke:
Your just wanting me to turn the DP wide open an run the dog snot out of it when all i want is 80hp or so!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dude you have asked us a bunch of different ways to get cheap power the answer is the same know as it was then dptuner call jody and talk to him he makes power from 20 hp up to 140 your wasting our time and yours call DP TUNER TODAY

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
Your just wanting me to turn the DP wide open an run the dog snot out of it when all i want is 80hp or so!
Pardon me while I resurrect this one.....

I don't want you to do anything.

Good luck with the cheap route....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
camojeeper said:
dude you have asked us a bunch of different ways to get cheap power the answer is the same know as it was then dptuner call jody and talk to him he makes power from 20 hp up to 140 your wasting our time and yours call DP TUNER TODAY
Preach.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
I Am Brother I Am:RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM: :RTFM:

·
1,921 Posts
So there is no way you are going to get anywhere near 80 hp out of a '97 unless it's a cali truck without eitehr putting propane on it or installing modified injectors. The '97 Cali trucks had bigger injectors from the start but the 49 state trucks got 90cc of fuel to play with and they just don't make the power until you upgrade the injectors.

Your superchips is going to give you the majority of the power you are capable of now. The DP tuner chip or most any other chip for that matter is going to optimize the power you have and will probably have better shifting stratagy and will likely make a little more power. But to get from the stock 175rwhp to 80+ over stock in the 250-260rwhp range you are going to need a set of stage I injectors. With the stock injectors you're going to be looking at 200-210rwhp max.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts