The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the fact that it would be hard to lite them why not. Im sure for sled pulling it'd help a hole lot. Im sure its possible, just take some fancy placment. Still I think it would be pretty sweet to see a cummins with 3 chargers.

Also why dont we ever see any making over 60 to 70 psi? Ive seen some fords with twins push almost 120.

·
232 Posts
Smitty's truck pushes over 100 psi too

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Tripple compounding turbo's were experimented with a few years back and never worked. However 2 banks of compounding turbo's will work if you can find the room for mounting and piping. :sly: Quads are in my plans for my next build. :woot:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Let me transfer this over to the performance forum... :Thumbup:

·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew about maddogs, fotgot he was running a 12v, just in a ford. As for nasty, thatd be sick if you ran quads. No tellin what numbers that truck would throw.

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
they use triples in some tractor pulling applications, but if you really needed triple turbos, on a 5.9 (or even a hogged out 5.9), you've got way too much fuel for that size engine. Would be neat to hear tho. I would imagine the engine noise itself would be somewhat quiet tho.

The ATS dyno cummins uses a triple turbo setup, although now having said that, i think i will refrain from using their name for the next 6 months LOL

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I saw a cummins v-8 semi at the Norcal Diesel Rally in redding this year :bow: Diesel power magazine had a few pictures of it, but it was impressive to see in person. Everything was polished up too :Thumbup:

I don't think more than two turbos is very practical for space and efficiency reasons :2cents

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Nasty Girl said:
Tripple compounding turbo's were experimented with a few years back and never worked. However 2 banks of compounding turbo's will work if you can find the room for mounting and piping. :sly: Quads are in my plans for my next build. :woot:

Wow, where are you gonna stash those things? Who needs a passanger seat or firewall anyways LOL :jk

That would be sweet!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Dual K20s said:
I saw a cummins v-8 semi at the Norcal Diesel Rally in redding this year :bow: Diesel power magazine had a few pictures of it, but it was impressive to see in person. Everything was polished up too :Thumbup:

I don't think more than two turbos is very practical for space and efficiency reasons :2cents
that semi is runnin two banks of three turboes

·
Registered
27 Posts
any thing is possible is there a need for it ?? has somone done it probly yeah i think 2 is enough form most people more is always better though with people getting 100 psi out of 2 the fueling needed for 3 @ guessing 150+ psi is slim i think this is in the big rig tractor pull catagory

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
probably just over a hundred, mad dog is pushing that right now and his head his gaskets can't eb happy, honestly, if you have a big enough twin setup you could push the same psi

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
well why dont we just go to one smaller turbo for each cylinder then??? LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts