The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I'd post some pictures of what I do. We are a construction field engineering company and do just that for site and highway work. One part is 3D modeling for machine control. These pictures are from a land leveling project and if I could learn how to post a video, I have one of a large HEB site.

Attachments

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Is this the Site off Highway 40? if so keep an eye out for me around 4pm everyday. I drive by that site everyday. Those deeres are amazing machines.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
These are on a farm off HWY 50 and 21, but the video I would like to post is. On 40 is where we are building the site for HEB and a bunch of other retail space.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I sent someone a video could they post it for me?

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
If it's under 10 minutes you can download it to Youtube. Pretty simple to do.

·
1,709 Posts
Hopefully in a couple of years that is what I will be doin. I miss playin in the dirt....

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe this will work for the video. Screen is small, but best I could do with the iphine.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
how do yall like the super singles on the pan's? all i have ever ran was tracks and duals...wonder how bad they power hop in soft loam?

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do yall like the super singles on the pan's? all i have ever ran was tracks and duals...wonder how bad they power hop in soft loam?
It's all heavy clay here and no one runs tracks. A few run the ktec 34 yarders behind steigers. I personally like the ejectors and the majority of work these tractors see is subdivision work. This is one of my larger customer, I just do all the field engineering and build their gps files.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea clay and tracks dont get along LOL can they double load in the clay or only one at a time? ive been playing pan tamer for the last 3 months at a walmart distribution center so thats why i ask.... boss is looking into a new rig and pretty much i get to buy what i want..... was looking at this http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/scraper_tractors/9630_scrapertractors_360.html

with 2 of these http://www.ashlandind.com/180ts.HTML

oh and the new Trimble GCS900

You puting Trimble on the pans? I only have one customer running an indicate system on the pans, but most run fully automated on the dozers and graders with accugrade or sitevision. You can do a lot of work with a six way 6T and accugrade.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
thats what we have now on 2 dozers and a quad trac with doubles....you have to manually toggle between your fron pan or back pan to select the lazer sensers....it sucks....i demoed a NH with twin renalds 3 weeks ago and it was set up with full auto accugrade, it was nice and fast but took 4 hours to set up cuz no one knew what to do..

what is John Deere's set up? its based off the there old starfire and raven but its for site work? is it out yet? is it any good?

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We run fully automated 3d systems on all finish equipment. Accugrade takes no time at all to learn and is worth every penny it costs. Because most jobs have a plus or minus 0.10' tolerance, we have no need for lasers, not even on building pads.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
so all the grades are set off 3D GPS? wow i didnt know it was that close....all the stuff i ran has always used a lazer tower and gps.....thought that was the only way LOL

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Topcon has a laser augmenting gps system called the millimeter system. It works ok, but for any project held to +/- 0.10' trimbles system works perfectly. If the specs require it, we hook up the robot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts