The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a below the rails tool box in my 08. Its pretty full but I could and would like to eliminate alot of the tools and junk that I carry around. I have been looking at the Undercover SwingCases but am not really sure about them. I figure they will go nice with a rolling/locking tonneau cover.

Does anyone have an information or stories or opinions on these?

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
They make an all metal box that goes back behind the wheel wells with a locking door and sliding drawers. Really nice imo

·
36 Posts
Right now I have a below the rails tool box in my 08. Its pretty full but I could and would like to eliminate alot of the tools and junk that I carry around. I have been looking at the Undercover SwingCases but am not really sure about them. I figure they will go nice with a rolling/locking tonneau cover.

i had an undercover installed on my ranger and got a free swing box. it wouldnt fit and the company said sorry, some fit and some dont. they wouldnt send another one, said that one was the only one that fits my year truck. i still got the box setting in my storage unit never used !!!!!! the concept is good if they could make it fit the truck !!!! glad i didnt buy it!!!! but i like the cover tho, got one for my 450 too !!!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
my ex bought me one for my 03 also and it didnt seem to fit properly plus i was under the impression that it was going to tuck up inside the fender right there but it stuck way out, couldnt get the atv in the bed i was lucky she bought it from stylin concepts and they have a good return policy....

·
8 Posts
I had looked at those. Guess I'm glad that I didn't go with them!!!!

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one, I installed it, and then a few days later I installed a rolling tonneau cover but the two would not work together. The swing case is nice but it was in the way for the drain for the rolling cover so its sitting in my garage brand new never used if anyone wants a good deal on one.

·
43 Posts

=====================================
I had a Undercover on my last Truck. I looked great been always a pain to get it off to haul something, had to have two people... My new Truck 2011 HD I bought a Tri-Fold which folds up to the cab in 15 seconds by one person.. It is still a hard cover and lockable plus looks good as well.....

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine seems like it would be easy to take on and off as long as it wasnt loaded with alot of really heavy stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts