LAWER 500.00
ONLINE DRIVER SAFETY COURSE 45.OO
SPEEDOMETER CHECK 42.00
SPEEDOMETER REPAIR 75.00 UNDER TABLE REPAIR(PAPER ONLY) :HappyMugs
SPEEDOMETER RECHECK 3.00
SPEEDOMETER FOUND 9MPH OFF :thanks: HA HA HA NOT REALLY
LAWER TALKS KINDLY TO STATE TROUPER...
LAWER PLEAS FAULTY EQUIPMENT.....
JUDGES LOOK ON FACE . :roflmao: .........................PRICELESS.......
END RESULT AFTER QUESTIONED HOW 9MPH OFF ON A SPEEDOMETER RESULTS IN FAULTY EQUIPMENT......" THATS STILL 90 IN A 55..." :shrug:

GUDGE RULES FAULTY EQUIPMENT 150.00 FINE PLUS COURT COSTS......

SCOTT FREE. NO POINTS JUST OUT A LITTLE CASH.... :woot:

WHEW THAT WAS CLOSE

LESSON LEARNED.............TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:agreed:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
over 800?
i think i would have taken the ticket......

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Shoot CH, you have any idea how much Insurance would go up if you got caught streetracing? $800 is cheap

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did the ticket actually say exhibition of speed or was it just a standard speeding ticket? If it was just a standard speeding ticket, I would have just paid the fine and either taken DD or difurd judification (I think that the way you spell it).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Timbeaux38 said:
Shoot CH, you have any idea how much Insurance would go up if you got caught streetracing? $800 is cheap
not a clue-i did once get let out of a 120+ in a 60 tho :woot:
had a friend get tagged and let go (it was a girl.... of course she was let go) for 140 in a 20(school zone) racing somone else i know. her = S281 him(that she was racing)= 03 cobra w/ live axle swap. the reason he wasnt stopped? speed = in excess of 160 from what the cop told my friend in the s281

you speaking from experience on the cost there tim?

QtrHorse said:
Did the ticket actually say exhibition of speed or was it just a standard speeding ticket? If it was just a standard speeding ticket, I would have just paid the fine and either taken DD or difurd judification (I think that the way you spell it).
i dont think you can get defered for that much over unless the judge lets you....which i doubt

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Well, I did not get busted racing, but a speeding ticket combined with one at fault accident got me dropped from insurance and it cost me $250/month for libailty only back when I was young. It was hard to be a baller when you blew half of your grocery store earnings on insurance LOL

·
1,055 Posts
Congrats, 800 is cheap considering the alternative :Thumbup: . Those damn speedo's can be troublesome :roflmao: . See ya :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Timbeaux38 said:
Well, I did not get busted racing, but a speeding ticket combined with one at fault accident got me dropped from insurance and it cost me $250/month for libailty only back when I was young. It was hard to be a baller when you blew half of your grocery store earnings on insurance LOL

WOW..... i guess if i ever get a ticket like that ill go that route as well. didnt realize it was THAT bad - i never get let off (other than the one time i posted about ^^) so despite having a good radar detector and a need for speed, i try not to go 2 far over the limit.
last ticket i got was tint, and i could have been going limit+20 for the $$ it cost me :LAME:

·
3,630 Posts
We don't have "points" to worry about in Houston.....but I can tell you from experience that felony speding (161/45) will cost you a small fortune to get taken care of.

That dang cop ran out of places to write...LOL
Felony speeding
Wreckless driving
Fleeing and Evading arrest
Failure to dim headlights
No seatbelt
Illegal blackout on license plate
There were a few more....but I can't remember what they were.
Needless to say....I got cuffed and stuffed....LOL

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
UNBROKEN said:
We don't have "points" to worry about in Houston.....but I can tell you from experience that felony speding (161/45) will cost you a small fortune to get taken care of.

That dang cop ran out of places to write...LOL
Felony speeding
Wreckless driving
Fleeing and Evading arrest
Failure to dim headlights
No seatbelt
Illegal blackout on license plate
There were a few more....but I can't remember what they were.
Needless to say....I got cuffed and stuffed....LOL

failure to dim headlights?
WTF kind of charge is that?

but you got out of that i take it?

·
3,630 Posts
I did'nt get out of any of it....and paid a few thousand bucks by the time it was all over...not including the insurance going through the roof on me.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Wow, you know it's bad when you're reading off the offences and there are so many you forget the rest. That's awesome. Well...except the the being arrested, and killer insurance rates.

·
Registered
251 Posts
_CH_ said:
failure to dim headlights?
WTF kind of charge is that?

but you got out of that i take it?
In some states its actually a felony to not dim your high beams to oncoming traffic in the city limits.

·
324 Posts
96 In A 55 Dont Sound Like Much To Your Stories, Cost Me 125$ Ticket And Thats It, Then I Realized My Insurance Went Up B/c I Did Not Pay The Extra So It Would Not Go On My Record

Its Always Fun Though

·
1,870 Posts
Back when I was 21, I went to Palm springs for Spring Break, in my brand new 1990 Firebird formula 350. (pretty fun car back then). I lived in San Diego at the time. I was running down the highway when a black 5.0 pulled up next to me and wanted to race. I let him toy with me for a while, and then got tiredof it, dropped it down to 3rd, and laid on it. I was pulling away pretty good, and then I saw one red cherry light behind the mustang. I started to slow thinking maybe he had run up behind the mustang and I was gonna get off. Then about 5 more cars were sitting on the side of the road just ahead. I pulled over, and waited my turn. The cop walked up and asked, "you have any idea how fast you were going". Playing dumb I said "60ish". He said, "well your buddy was doing 114 and he wasn't catching ya". OOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS. He then proceeded to tell me that him and his buddies had taken a poll and since they were off in 15 minutes and the jail was 30 minutes they were citing both of us for 99. 100 and over is "monopoly" jail time, (directly to jail). I was lucky!

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
:roflmao: :roflmao: 114mph and he wasnt catching ya....I like cops with a sence of humor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts