The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to update their X-cal 2 recently with SCT's new firmware. I was told that they updated the liveload software...so that's all that i did. I updated the new version of liveload 3 on my computer a while back, but didn't realize i had to actually update the programmer with new firmware until i plugged it into my computer today and it said that the programmer has to get updated. I went onto SCT's website for instructions on how to do it and it said that i had to install the Live Update 2 program. Once i installed it i opened it up and plugged the SCT in like the directions said. Next step was to go back to the website and under the NOTES: section click on the link that says "click here to download the firmware"...only problem is is that there isn't a link that says that under the notes section. The only link that's there is one that show's instructions on how to do it. I found a instructional video on SCT's website that showed the link that was suppose to be there, but it actually isn't. I need to get my programmer updated cause if i ever get new tunes i'll never be able to use them without it being updated.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I swear a small child is in charge of their site :gaah There has not been a new firmware for the x2 since 06.. so not sure what they want you to update LOL.. the version 1.15 is what they installed in that video and thats the latest one they have. its found under the tech section/ device update and software/ seclect pn xcal2 9400 and then select for device firmware.

·
13 Posts
What version of firmware do you have on your X2? You want version 1.14. Still see plenty of X2 devices running older FW, and now finally LiveLoad lets you know if you're out of date.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
why have a new firmware(1.15) if the old one is ok? :shrugs

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What version of firmware do you have on your X2? You want version 1.14. Still see plenty of X2 devices running older FW, and now finally LiveLoad lets you know if you're out of date.
I don't know what version my X-cal2 has. All i know is that i got the latest version of liveload 3 updated a little while back and that's all that i thought that needed to get updated. But i got a new tune the other day and it was a "cef" file and when i tried to download it to the X2 using the latest version of liveload 3, it pretty much said that the devices firmware needed to get updated. I didn't realize that the actual X2 had to get updated also, just thought the liveload software had to. But Eric at Innovative Diesel had sent me a firmware file this morning to try and needless to say it didn't work and now my SCT programmer is locked up and wouldn't power up when i plug it into my computers USB port. I keep getting a popup that says loopback failed. Called SCT and had tech support help me out, but come to find out i gotta send it back to SCT tomorrow to have it fixed. Good thing i turned it back to stock. Oh and driving a stock tuned truck with 190's and a bigger turbo isn't fun:thumbdown. I'm gonna try to next day air this thing and hopefully i can have it back by the end of the week.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
:bang :bang :bang

·
Powerstroke Puller
167 Posts
:bang :bang :bang
EXACTLY! I went through all that crap trying to get my pro racer software setup. I will never do that again! It is fun once you get it working though.:D

·
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Firmware 1.15 is only necessary for use on 2007/2008 F150 vehicles.
Hey JR, i'm gonna be sending my X2 out tomorrow next day air. The RMA# is 7718, i forgot to mention to the tech that i talked to if he could send it back to me next day air also after he fixed it and updated it to the lastest firmware. You think if i PM'd you with some info if you could make that happen? Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts