The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An intake, Spartan tuner with a level 1 license, and DPF delete is what I'm looking at getting. What else do I need to make sure my truck doesnt die on the side of the road somewhere? Just DPF delete or do i have to have complete exhaust? Headstuds? My 6.0 just fell apart when I put the SCT to it and I got scared to drive it anywhere b/c of poor reliability. I don't want to go through that again. My 2010 PSD is not my daily driver. I just use it on trips and to pull my boat but the fuel mileage SUX and I dont won't to put too much money in upgrades because even though I probably won't, trading for a 6.7 in a year or so is in the back of my mind. Thoughts?
thanks

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
An intake, Spartan tuner with a level 1 license, and DPF delete is what I'm looking at getting. What else do I need to make sure my truck doesnt die on the side of the road somewhere? Just DPF delete or do i have to have complete exhaust? Headstuds? My 6.0 just fell apart when I put the SCT to it and I got scared to drive it anywhere b/c of poor reliability. I don't want to go through that again. My 2010 PSD is not my daily driver. I just use it on trips and to pull my boat but the fuel mileage SUX and I dont won't to put too much money in upgrades because even though I probably won't, trading for a 6.7 in a year or so is in the back of my mind. Thoughts?
thanks
i went from a 6.0 to a 6.4...you have common rail on the 6.4 vs the pos heui injection on the 6.0. thats all the realiability you need right there. you dont have to worry about stuck vgt turbo or icp sensors going bad. the 6.0 is just a bad design in my opinion. i love my 6.4 so far. the only thing you have to worry about is the trans on big tunes. just keep up on your mantinece. oil changes on the motor and fuel filters changed regularly and you should have a worry free truck. just dont run the huge tunes and you will be fine.

·
1,415 Posts
I run the 275 daily with no issues yet, the tourqe converter is starting to get alittle weak now. but i got 88,000 miles on now.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
With the level 1 license, no need for studs. The 6.4 is a totally different machine than the 6.0
probabaly a dumb question...but wtf is a level 1 license? :shrugs

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
The basic license we offer. 4 DPF on tunes and 9 DPF delete tunes up to the 250 tune.
so its just the basic dashdaq tunes. no race tunes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts