The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just wondering, Ive got the spartan full delete and tuner setup with the afe intake like many of you do. What do you guys have on your wish list for the next upgrade? I keep reading about headstuds and egr deletes and blow off valves.
What do you guys list as top priorities. I dont have a ton of spare cash but I want to keep improving my truck. I dont know much about how all this stuff works so Im looking for help. After the spartan tunes what is the next best mod?
By the way I looking to make my truck more powerful but most importantly keep it running for a long time safely.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
339 Posts
So just wondering, Ive got the spartan full delete and tuner setup with the afe intake like many of you do. What do you guys have on your wish list for the next upgrade? I keep reading about headstuds and egr deletes and blow off valves.
What do you guys list as top priorities. I dont have a ton of spare cash but I want to keep improving my truck. I dont know much about how all this stuff works so Im looking for help. After the spartan tunes what is the next best mod?
By the way I looking to make my truck more powerful but most importantly keep it running for a long time safely.

Thanks for the input
Even before the Spartan with 310 tune I would suggest headstuds, EGR Delete with wastegate, and a torque converter if you want to maintain reliability.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. If you had to pick one item from your list above to do first which would it be. I assume the cab would have to come off the truck to do those mods so maybe its better to wait and do them all at the sametime. Any idea on labor costs to do those upgrades?
STM

·
190 Posts
Studs are a good idea but one that can wait in my opinion. If you are going to go to the trouble and the expense to change these items wait until you have a problem. The other approach is to change these items before you have trouble to maintain reliability as Rudy stated above. If you are hammering on it all the time the easiest fix is the torque converter but again if you are going this far go with a suncoast rebuild kit and save yourself some headaches down the road. Lots of options just go with each idea with forward thinking.

·
Registered
339 Posts
thanks for the info. If you had to pick one item from your list above to do first which would it be. I assume the cab would have to come off the truck to do those mods so maybe its better to wait and do them all at the sametime. Any idea on labor costs to do those upgrades?
STM
You can do headstuds one at a time if you have not already done damage to your headgasket. If so, then you should do both EGR Delete kit with wastegate and headstuds/gaskets at the same time because your cab will be raised and it will be easy to do both while your in there. Where are you located?

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the help. I think I might wait til something breaks or I have enough cash to do it all. Im located in Mi near ann arbor. Ive not found any good shops around here to do the work. What would you expect labor costs to be on the complete set up described above to be?
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts