The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if an AFE stage II and a MBRP 4" straight pipe exhaust would work well together on my truck until I can get an Edge box or something? Will it give me good exhaust tone and maybe help out a little with mpg? Eventually I want to upgrade the tranny as well. Any advice?

LJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, which is better w/ just an air intake, 4" or 5"?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
It doesnt matter...you can be bone stock w/ exhaust and intake and it wont matter...4" and 5" more or less depends on how high your egts are gonna be and how fast you need to get rid of them...does that help any?

Nathaniel

·
3,514 Posts
If you aren't running a lot of fuel, I've heard that 5inch will actually decrease power a little bit. I don't think that you will really be able to notice it that much though. I also think that the 5inch sounds way better, and I wish I had gone that route.

With that said, I have the AFE and a 4inch w/muffler and with the Drag comp, and Rv275's I can't break 1400, and its really easy to keep it under 1200.

As for the transmission. What are you looking to do with the truck? I would definitely recommend doing a full rebuild on the trans, and throw in a TC, VB and billet input at the very least. That way you have room to grow if you want it. But it really depends on what you are doing with the truck and what you are using it for.
Sean

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys! I was looking at the 5" for the better sound but I probably won't have a box or programmer for a while. I really don't want to sacrifice any power though.
In the future, I want to do the tranny (w/ TC, VB, and input) mostly for adding longevity and durability. I would love to sled pull but I can't really afford to get into all that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts