The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turbo Freak
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy a south bend clutch and I've found that some sites say to get an upgraded clutch fork on late 99/00 model trucks. I can't find any info in a search that tells me what is upgraded, why it needs it, if it's necessary, etc. Anybody have any insight?

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
They have a tendency to snap from the added strength of the pressure plate. The upgraded ones are designed to handle the stress.

·
Turbo Freak
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They aren't part of the standard kit though so I assume it's a rare problem?

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Its a design defect...I believe that the design was changed for the '01 trucks (at least I hope so cuz I own an 01 with the 6 speed)...guess I'll find out down the road when I do my southbend clutch.

·
31 Posts
I bought a south bend kit and it came with soild flywheel,throw out bearing, clutch(of course) but it comes with everything. I would diff. get a flywheel just incase its glazed and all. My flywheel was bad when i took it out. just do it rite and all.

·
608 Posts
I had to buy my clutch fork from the dealer. I am sure that you can get them through SB as well. You will see the difference in them when you get the new one. It is substantial. I'm still kind of angry they never put out a recall on the old ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts