The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression that Tuners like the BullyDog I currently have were only able to be used on one vehicle, but I hear and see them for sale on ebay and others, listed as used. The reason I ask is I want to upgrade to a new chip thanks to help from some Garage members, and I have a buddy who could use the tuner on his OBS truck, anyone with experience in this department?

Josh :shrug:

·
6,337 Posts
You can change them to as many differant trucks as you want. SO long as you tune the last one to stock...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This is a curiosity. Does a tuner use battery power to keep the stock tuning in memory?

·
6,337 Posts
No, Just saves it on the processer, just like your home computer.... Just like it saves the preformance files on it.

·
1,726 Posts
RacerX said:
This is a curiosity. Does a tuner use battery power to keep the stock tuning in memory?

I think I get where you are headed with that but I bet you will be hard pressed to "unlock" a flash tuner.

My guess is it would be simillar to uninstalling Windows on you PC. A real PIA but with the right knowledege possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts