The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Anybody know were I can find a new vacuum fitting for the dpf, the old one
is in the delete pipe, and the threads are starting to get messy,I think it is a
metric thread, I don"t want to change fittings every time the truck goes in?
Ford is very proud of those fitting!:confused:
Thank you
Pete

·
393 Posts
I've had this condition on 3 of the 4 trucks that I have done the DPF delete. Evidently there is a Gorilla installing this fitting in the DPF and it bottoms out on the internal wall of the DPF. The results are damage to only the bottom threads of the fitting and damage to the bung threads as you remove the fitting.

You will need a metric tap & die of the appropriate size. I can't remember exactly which one, but I know that I had to buy the largest set that Harbor Freight ($69.00) had to get the one I needed. Sorry that I can't look at my set and tell you which one. It is on loan to my son-in-law. You might find the specific one at a tool specialty store, but if you're doing this on a weekend, most of these stores are closed (You'll need to carry your fitting with you). You're wasting your time looking at Sears, Home Depot or Lowes.

As you remove the fitting, keep it sprayed with WD-40 to keep it lubricated as much as possible. It will not be easy removing it, so get a ratchet or wrench with a long handle.

After the fitting is out, chase the treads on the DPF bung with the tap and re-thread the fitting, using the WD-40 as a threading lubricant. The process worked well on all 3 trucks that required it.

When you install the fitting into your DPF (for warranty work) or DPF delete pipe, be sure to use anti-seize compound. It helps seal the threads and it assures easy removal later.

Hope this helps.

·
42 Posts
Flo Pro has them part #RD 10. I started using 1/4" male pipe X 1/4" hose barb fitting. It is a lot less expensive and works great. If you want a more exact fit use 1/4" pipe X 5/16" hose barb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts