The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn on the AC and it blows from the defrost and the rear side vents. Won't out of the back roof vents or the dash vents. half way home it blew out all the vents for just a minute and then went back to not working. It's happend once before over a month ago. I can hear the vacuum pump working. Does this sound like a leak? Thanks
On edit...
It does the same thing whether it's on AC or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like the vacuum acuator for the auto lock hubs is leaking. Its right by the vacuum pump. Plug the supply line to the acuator and see if your vents work properly.

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Yep, it's a Vacuum leak. All to common.. Try what is stated above, and then check the lines to the hubs.. I'll bet the hub diaphram is leaking. PIA to test, just replace both of them...

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
mine does the same thing, but I already have winch hubs on the truck so I was wondering could I just plug it off at the vacuum pump?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes just plug the vacuum supply line at the acuator that comes from the pump. It goes from the pump to the vacuum resevoir and tees from there to the inside of the truck and to the acuator for the auto hubs.

·
2,509 Posts
if it was the hubs wouldn't it only do it when she had it in 4X4:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts