The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me if this VALAIR Clutch is any good? My 2002 Dodge 5.9L HO will easily spin the stock clutch and I cant afford a SouthBend.

Or can anyone recomend a good clutch for my application?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
I would love to here more about the VALAIR clutches... I'm not made of money either... I'm also looking towards a slipping clutch too...:popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid question, what is a silencer ring???

I see everybody has one but what is a silencer ring??



Mopar1973Man said:
I would love to here more about the VALAIR clutches... I'm not made of money either... I'm also looking towards a slipping clutch too...:popcorn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
um, it's the ring on the intake side of the turbo after the bo that cuts down the turbo whistle, pretty uselss, but the whistle is cool when you remove it
 

·
CRAZY CANUCK
Joined
·
4,320 Posts
cajuncummins said:
um, it's the ring on the intake side of the turbo after the bo that cuts down the turbo whistle, pretty uselss, but the whistle is cool when you remove it
lol you got that right, "get rid of the ring and make'r sing" i noticed quite a bit more whistle when i ditched the ring cant wait for the cold air intake to get more whistle

hey cajun arent you getting tired of that dogged old chevy yet? goin for a 12v, 24v, or CR?:smoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
I have put in two organic/feramic valair clutches so far. One was in a G56 trans and the other was in a nv5600. The G56 truck has the hot juice (180hp) and the NV5600 just had a regular juice w/ attitude. The clutches in both of these trucks are smooth and neither have slipped so far.
I would highly recommend valair, their customer service is great and their product is excellent. Call Kevin at valair, he can get you lined up on what clutch is best for you, and he is always happy to help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
BriteWhiteRam said:
lol you got that right, "get rid of the ring and make'r sing" i noticed quite a bit more whistle when i ditched the ring cant wait for the cold air intake to get more whistle

hey cajun arent you getting tired of that dogged old chevy yet? goin for a 12v, 24v, or CR?:smoke
well, as soon as I get to goin to college my dad will give me a certain budget he is willing to go for for a truck, one of two paths, get a 12v, immediately pull hte engine, kdp, studs, thicker gasket, ddp injectors, laser cut dv's, 4 GSK, 60 lb springs, no plate, mack plug, full forward, adjusted star wheels and afc, 5 inch exhaust, Valair, 66 turbo, don't know from where though, and probably 20* timing all this I feel would be in my budget. I'm lookin to work in a diesel shop through college and was thinking of getting the pump benched too

or a CR, save up my money, stack TST Powermax and smarty, hot rod cp3, prolly some tips too, 5 inch stack, mitre cut, right below the cab, studs, 66 turbo, Valair

and yeah, I'm gettin tired of the gasser, especially when I can make 60 gallons of diesel a week for 70 cents a damn gallon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
I'm in the market for clutches right now. 250hp towing clutch can't hold the 12 valve. ^^^ looks like you got a plan, my dad says I have to finish college before I can start spendin on stuff like that, but the clutch is urgent. Probly get one in the neighborhood of 450-500hp so's I can add the power later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
well, that's why I haggled for the budget, so that I could do what I wanted without him telling me what I can or can't do, but if smokem decides he wants to teach me his ways those plans might change, and yeah, the Valair is the way to go, Southbend is a little too expensive to justify
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what clutch should I get if my paramaters are down below

Things I want to do;
100 hp injectors, intake&exhaust manifolds,
What else do you all think I should do??:bow: :bow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
FYI: when shopping for a clutch there's no such thing as one fits all, get with the manufacturer whom ever it may be and tell them along with Hp and TQ what it is you do with your truck and how you drive your truck. It really does matter.:givemebeer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Valair1 said:
FYI: when shopping for a clutch there's no such thing as one fits all, get with the manufacturer whom ever it may be and tell them along with Hp and TQ what it is you do with your truck and how you drive your truck. It really does matter.:givemebeer

I agree.
 

·
Nathan Petry
Joined
·
21 Posts
I purchased a Valair clutch about 6 months ago when my Xzillaraider (and my foot) made my factory clutch start slipping. I went to Mineral Wells, Tx where they manufacture these clutches. They let me walk through and see the whole operation and they even put a new face on my flywheel for free. So far the clutch has been a work horse and taken any power or heavy load I throw at it. It is well worth buying, and its a fraction of the price of a South Bend.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top