The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this bulletin from another site i am apart of. I dont know about you guys but i am very much impressed with these numbers. Matt said it best from spartan diesel in his bulletin "no words needed to say" just look at the chart. HUGE thanks to the guys at spartan diesel. This is the exact reason why i wanted to wait to buy a tuner because i knew these trucks had more potential hp then sct, superchips, etc. were putting out.... I will be looking into this as soon as it is released. They said in about 30 days it will be available... so we will see. I know a couple of you guys will appreciate this just as much as i do... ENJOY.

p.s. not to mention... these numbers were put out with stock injectors, stock turbo, and stock tranny...

p.s.s. i just saw this was also posted in our tuner forum, sorry guys i was just excited...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/709345-tuned-dyno-numbers.html

·
Registered
270 Posts
KERR said:
very nice numbers but they are just that... numbers. My car's numbers change as much as 150hp per dyno's...

Also if the drive train will not hold up then whats the big deal about talking numbers? On the other hand if that 8XXlbtq will not kill the trans or anyother parts then yea... that bad ***.
You are correct, they are just numbers. They are also a representation of a large step in performance for the Ford world verified by a reputable dyno shop (WNC Speed and Performance in Fletcher, NC).

So far the truck has proven very reliable. It has been tuned for over 7000 miles now and this newest tune hasn't caused the first hiccup yet. I can't guarantee any parts to live or die as only time will tell, but I will be more than happy to test and see what actually does fail (if anything). Right now it is all on stock components with the exception of a straight pipe and recalibration.

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
DAMNNNNNNNNNN..... You and Innovative will be putting your systems out around the same time.... This should be a good month coming up!!!!!!!!!

·
3,939 Posts
A Ford pulling 490/850 with just tuning?!? Congrats! No issues whatsoever?

Did you have to build your tranny to handle that power? If so, what all did you have to do?

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
I am with the "THEBAC" here. (as with most everywhere:woot: )
What is going with the trans and rear end?
Do you WANT major HP at the sacrifice of other components? Just seems a little bit silly to me JMO
~Mike~:usflag

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Oh yeah....Oh yeah....:Thumbup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Id say the rear end will hold up,

What i would be worred about is the new trubos, If they modified the boost, and the trans... Ford, dodge chevy all have issues with as much torque as these trucks make.

Dont get me wrong i love more power, everthing i have is modified. I been to the point of blowing transmissions and turbos, and spliting blocks. For some its still fun.. I just have a hard time blowing $50K on a truck then modifying it until parts fail.

By all mean's if it lives with out problems then yea that's awsome. Id like to see a few videos. of it, i bt 85X lbtq does a nice smoke show :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I hope it works out for everyone. But I'm betting with those kind of #s the stock tranny will eventually fail.

·
883 Posts
Well considering I dont know of ANY stock trans that can hold that kind of power for very long. The point is not about the trans...WHO FRICKIN CARES. The point is this engine has just put down some serious numbers and from the sounds of it has serious potential. The trans is a minor detail and can easily be built....its still a torqshift many have been built to make serious power and hold.

This is big news and I tip my hat to Spartan diesel...I cant wait to see what the future holds for this truck. Seeing things like this makes me truly feel that the new 6.4L may be the engine to chase for power.

·
Registered
141 Posts
BARRY1ME said:
Well considering I dont know of ANY stock trans that can hold that kind of power for very long. The point is not about the trans...WHO FRICKIN CARES.

I would bet that the people who paid 50-60k for their new trucks care!

·
Registered
613 Posts
TEXXAS said:
BARRY1ME said:
Well considering I dont know of ANY stock trans that can hold that kind of power for very long. The point is not about the trans...WHO FRICKIN CARES.

I would bet that the people who paid 50-60k for their new trucks care!

How do you figure? If it was that big of a deal to them they would leave their 50-60K truck stock!

·
883 Posts
Every cause has an effect. If you increase more power with your engine the rest of the drivetrain will either be up to the challenge or not. According to Matt so far the trans is holding up great no hiccups. Regardless if the trans holds up or not you will expediate the chances of failure when increasing the power it sees. If you can pay $50-60K for a truck that is designed to handle ~300rwhp how can anyone expect that the trans will be as durable with a 500RWHP tune. If it can hold that power that is great, if not $3K for a suncoast trans seems cheap when someone can afford a $60K truck.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Is there any differences between the 6.4 tranny and the 6.0 tranny?

I'm back in research mode as I have finally learned what I need to know about the 6.0s but might be getting a 6.4 in the next week or so... Round and round we go!!!!

·
883 Posts
LovinPSDs said:
Is there any differences between the 6.4 tranny and the 6.0 tranny?

I'm back in research mode as I have finally learned what I need to know about the 6.0s but might be getting a 6.4 in the next week or so... Round and round we go!!!!
From my limited knowledge its very similar with tweaking in the sylenoids and calibration.

·
1,649 Posts
just hope the engine holds up...cause warranty claims are being watch BIG time.

·
883 Posts
jpscustoms said:
just hope the engine holds up...cause warranty claims are being watch BIG time.
Very true....time will tell. From I have read and speaking with ford Design and release engineers this engine is much more robust then the 6.0L (minus the dpf system).

·
1,649 Posts
ya im think it will take tuning better but im just worried that guys will be paying big repair bills if anything breaks....cause me ford dealer which is pretty mod friendly isnt guna take a chance of warranting a 6.4 that is tuned or exhaust cause he said ford is watching the dealers very very close now.

·
883 Posts
jpscustoms said:
ya im think it will take tuning better but im just worried that guys will be paying big repair bills if anything breaks....cause me ford dealer which is pretty mod friendly isnt guna take a chance of warranting a 6.4 that is tuned or exhaust cause he said ford is watching the dealers very very close now.

completely agree. If I was at a dealership I would be eyeing every truck that came in with a tuner and exhaust for warranty work.

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
and that is why you take the tuner off and put your DPF back up there....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts