The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I'm with Delta. Time to get the tires rotated and balanced.

·
13 Posts
Possible but he'd feel that all the way up and it'd probably be bouncing. A wheel balance would pick that out right away.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now it's doing ore frequently around 40mph. When the shaking starts it feels as if the entire truck is shaking and it stops when I let out of the throttle.

·
381 Posts
Maybe torque convertor out of ballance or drive line loose or.....water pump?As you now discribe it , most likely something in the eng/drive train .:goodluck.---Bob

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
Now it's doing ore frequently around 40mph. When the shaking starts it feels as if the entire truck is shaking and it stops when I let out of the throttle.
I'm having this issue actually. I guess to further describe (at least what i'm dealing with) is the truck seems to get a vibration (at least in the throttle pedal for sure) when the torque converter is locked. Typically 50mph. My truck seems to get the worst vibration, when the torque converted is locked between 60-65mph. Beyond or below it doesn't seem to either be as prevalent or it just isn't vibrating.

So, I'm gonna rotate and check all tire pressures, i've already been underneath the truck and my driveshaft has all u-bolts and is tight, so I'll see what's up... I fear it is something wrong with my torque converter.

·
GTO JOHN
41 Posts
Same here!!

Same Problem with mine, around 55-60 it starts to vibrate. Tires arn not that bad but i guess a tire ballance is first? Post up if anyone finds there problem to help us all! Thanks

·
4 Posts
I get this on my 05 F250, between 45 and 50 mph the rear end starts bouncing after 50 mph it stops, a tire rotation will make it better but not fix it.

·
GTO JOHN
41 Posts
Bad Universal joint

Found a slight movement (play) in my rear driveshaft. took out the last one that conects to the rear end and found the universal broken. All done & vibration is gone, Actually its very smooth now on the highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts