The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3,051 Posts
Ron is a great guy, I bought my ficm from him yrs ago. Anyhow, one other point about the filters that is important is, the large frame rail filter has a water-moisture block screen on the oem Racor-Motorcraft filters and most aftermarket ones "don't have it". Thats the light fiber cloth looking material wrapped around the outside of the media.

Harry

·
1,324 Posts
I have never understood the desire to buy knock off things like filters for an expensive piece of equipment like a diesel truck. Let's say you drive it 300k that's 20-30 fuel filters or 50-60 oil filters. So you save $20 each being generous. That's $1500 over 300k or about $.005 per mile. A set of injectors is $2000 plus labor to install. Just doesn't add up. Buy OEM in bulk and save there if you must go to a quickie lube take your own filters, the POS they keep on the shelf are just a time bomb.

I'd bet a significant amount of issues on the 6.0 was due to gypo maintenance parts. Yes FoMoCo shouldn't have been so greedy on the parts price it opens the door to copy cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts