The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck had a Viper 791xv system installed on it already when I bought it. No remote with it, so I ordered on online for it. Took it to a Viper dealer (at least thats what they call themselves), to have them look it over and make sure everything was still hooked up, and to check to see what the valet button was preset to. After about 20mins waiting, they bring it out, show me how the remote start works from the remote and that's it. They definately wouldn't let me back in the garage with the truck, so I have no idea what they did back there. All I know is, on my way back home, the door chime starts dinging randomly. I checked all doors and nothing. They when I get home and shut the truck off, I pull the key and open the door. The heater fan is still running!!!!!! Then the glow plug heater cycles every so many minutes. Im sure all this together could run my batteries down overnight, so I made another trip back to that "dealer" immediately. When I get there, I explain what is going on, and they say, "It wasn't doing that when it left here." How could it have not?!?! Anyway, the tech wouldn't even come out and talk to me about it.....I just wanted to know what he did while it was back there, so I had another guy come out and he unplugged the (2) 12v battery wires to the unit. I was wondering if any of you guys could help point me in the right direction as to which wires to check for. Since I have no idea who or where this was installed at, I'm on my own unless I want to pay $60/hr to let someone "troubleshoot" it. I would rather give it a shot myself, considering they said it may take 3hrs to do it. So, any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the remote feature along with the arming/disarming worked fine, just the door chime, heater fan ,and glow plug heater issues. I need to know where to start. Anyone here an electronic guru?

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone tell me which OEM wires are for the door trigger? Which wire would cause the glow plug heater to cycle? Apparently, its linked to the heater fan accessory wire somehow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts