The Diesel Garage banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
2,126 Posts
Id also like to know if it will work with the both my delete pipes? If it can be done with the cab still on and the tranny still on than i might be gettin me one. Man, I really Dont like the exhaust on these trucks being in so many peices. Always have to buy a different part of the exhaust. Its like a puzzle.
Remember the good ol days of just buying a turbo back exhaust system :haha

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Here's an idea, once you get the stock pipe off cut the end off of it and weld it to the new dp, then you can use the DOC/DPF.

Reactions: Still Strokin

·
370 Posts
Effing genious right there. Good idea. So Tadd, how much louder do these things get? I still favor the 6.0L straight pipe sound with an 03 turbo

·
2,126 Posts
So if I got this new downpipe and then had to take everything off I could simply bolt a new stock downpipe in and hook up the factory system or will that not work?

·
Registered
639 Posts
So if I got this new downpipe and then had to take everything off I could simply bolt a new stock downpipe in and hook up the factory system or will that not work?

You aint about to bolt that factory downpipe back in with the cab on.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
he's correct nor will you be able to hookup the factory doc/dpf onto elite's 4" downpipe !!
Even if you did its a 3.5" out let so what would be the point.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Even if you did its a 3.5" out let so what would be the point.

Seabee, I agree there would be no point but I took the question above from superdutytd as if the truck had to go in for service could the factory doc/dpf be bolted in easily avoiding the hassle of reinstalling the factory downpipe which will be not easy at all. :thumbsup

I also have a plan on making the flange that hooks to the turbo 4" also which will remove the initial restriction in the pipe. :D

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Seabee, I agree there would be no point but I took the question above from superdutytd
Oh I know man, I was just adding to your comment to explain to him that there wouldnt be a point in it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts