The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what the TQ speck for the nut to press the pulley on the pump shaft is in FT LBS.I did the removal and replacement on saturday. It was a breese it took me about 2.5 hours start to finish but I want to make sure I have the torque right.
Thank You in advance

·
International Tech.
531 Posts
Hey man, get me the engine serial number and I can get you the torque. There are so many variations of the engine that I want to make sure that I get you the right torque.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
yeah 125 ft/lbs. thats what mitchells on demand said.

·
International Tech.
531 Posts
That tells me I was looking at the wrong engine variation. Cummins was calling for 77 ft/lbs on the ones I was looking at.

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt have time to get the number off the motor today but I torqued it to 100 ft lbs do you think I should do more or leave it?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
IGotIt said:
I need to know what the TQ speck for the nut to press the pulley on the pump shaft is in FT LBS.I did the removal and replacement on saturday. It was a breese it took me about 2.5 hours start to finish but I want to make sure I have the torque right.
Thank You in advance

How many times have you installed a Injection pump?
I'm just wondering, because I have never done it, but have a little mechanical experance and am wondering if I should try it myself or leave it up to a shop.

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have timed countless 12Vs but this was my first 24v but if you have the press puller for the gear on the pump I would say you dont need a lot of anything else but a 19mm tube wrench. Dont bend the lines at all and I took the front three lines off first then I took the rear three apart and left #6 screwed into the head and 4 & 5 came off individually. Get a mirror and a light to watch the keyway in the pulley. I used the barring tool to adjust the gear so I didnt have to adjust the pulley a few times. One thing I always do is put an extendable magnet on the pump shaft so the washer doesnt fall into the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts