The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend at Fall Brawl 2005 the 800 RWHP mark was broken by a VP44 equipped truck, in fact the truck made 832 RWHP! I am sure with a little playing with it 850 will happen with no problem and 900 is a possibility. I never thought that approaching the 900 mark would be possible without going to a p-pump or highly modified VP, yet this was done using a stock OEM VP44. The crazy thing is max HP is being made @ 3500 rpm and torque is still over 1200 @ 3600 rpm! The max HP is late in the rpm curve due to the way I am bringing in the nitrous, very slow with a progressive controller and only a single stage shot of the squeeze. A couple of years ago I could only manage around the 750 HP mark even using a ton more of the spray! The difference is in the parts, tuning, and setup.

Here is a lowdown on the truck:

2002 ETC
DTT tranny
Single stage nitrous system
Helix 3 Camshaft
Stock injection pump
TAD Steroid B-1 single turbo
Prototype Mach 8 injectors

A big thanks goes out to Formula 1 for making the key components to break 800 and to DTT for building a transmission that can take the abuse of 800+ HP.

Doug

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats Doug, glad to see what your doing with the VP equipped trucks.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
WOWZA! nice #'s Doug!

·
1,171 Posts
I was there. Awesome numbers, and the truck looks mostly stock. It does make a "little" smoke. :bow:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Watch out wade, 3HP off your run. Although when you consider you dont have anything done to your motor....
Has that truck been to the track?, Over 600 HP is insane, these 800+ numbers are WILD, good job

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
StrokerAce said:
Watch out wade, 3HP off your run. Although when you consider you dont have anything done to your motor....
Has that truck been to the track?, Over 600 HP is insane, these 800+ numbers are WILD, good job
Big things are in store once I get the motor built, looks like I may have a big sponsor next year that is looking at building me a custom motor to run!!! I can't wait to see what a built d-max will do!!!

·
Banned
257 Posts
AWESOME NUMBERS DUDE...........

:eek: :93C_peelo

·
ATS Diesel Performance
147 Posts
StrokerAce said:
Hey wade, have their been any d-max's that have actually been totally built?
Not quite, but there is a couple in the works, you might wanna watch out for dmaxallitech, he's gonna have one next year!!!

Nice numbers by the way!!!! :woot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts