The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
no matter how long you leave the key on??

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Do you have a fuse for the glow plugs? Or can you tell if they are cycling?

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
How long has it been doing it?

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Have you tried pulling codes? We need to know which GP is bad.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
ouch :bang that sucks Wayne!

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Man, your trucks' been nothing but problems. Blown speaker at 105K and now THIS?
Better jump back to ford. LOL

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Ended up being the #4 glow plug. No big deal.
did you change it or did you have a shop do it? just wondering how hard it is..ive never opened up a dmax

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
did you change it or did you have a shop do it? just wondering how hard it is..ive never opened up a dmax
I did not get a chance to change the glow plugs on Duramax series however on this generation the glow plugs will be located right next to the fuel injector and it will be pretty clear shot to see it.

The early generations were inside the valve covers it kinda pain in butt but not super hard to get in there.

Merci.
Marc

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Neither. LOL

Erik (SledPuller500) is coming down next week, and he is bringing the glow plug along and will change it then. I will take pics.

·
Powerstroke Puller
167 Posts
easiest thing ever. takes all of 10 mins tops!

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Agreed, remove the wheels/tires, pull the inner fender liner, and they are right in front of you, you could change all 8 in under an hour if you had two guys doing it, all you need is an 8mm socket for the glowplug rail nut, and a 12mm socket for the GP itself, mine came out like nothing with 100k miles on them, but i did put some anti-seize on them when i put them back in, just in case i needed to pull them out in the future
:happymugs

Reactions: french277
1 - 18 of 18 Posts