The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 durmax, when I turn the key the wait to start light will not go out. The truck starts fine but then my check engine light comes on and stays on. Any ideas?

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
either get somewhere like a dealer/mechanic or get a tuner/code reader that can read codes and diagnose the problem.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
The glow plug is bad. Take it back to your dealership, it should be under warranty.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
even if it isnt under warranty it shouldnt be too expensive to replace.... but who knows at a stealer :bang

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
When one of my glowplugs went bad I got that same code. The dealership did replace them all under warranty. I cant imagine they wouldnt on his truck.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Rob, engine warranty is only to 60,000 miles isnt it?

Although it may be covered under emissions waranty.. thats 100,000miles... :shrugs

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Rob, engine warranty is only to 60,000 miles isnt it?

Although it may be covered under emissions waranty.. thats 100,000miles... :shrugs
On mine it was under the emissions warranty. Truck had 70K on it when they where replaced. There might also be a warranty extention on the glow plugs for the LB7, I will check my paper work from Chevrolet and get back to you.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
On mine it was under the emissions warranty. Truck had 70K on it when they where replaced. There might also be a warranty extention on the glow plugs for the LB7, I will check my paper work from Chevrolet and get back to you.
And that helps us LBZ guys how? LOL:damnit

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
:poke :madpoke

By proving that if I type really fast I forget which section of the forum I am in..... :damnit

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
And that helps us LBZ guys how? LOL:damnit
Aaron,

I went through my paperwork and did find the letter from GM. It says 'your 6.6L diesel w/california emissions package' may experience a problem..... yada yada.... and that the glow plug warranty had been extended to 10 years or 200K...

Does that help an LBZ guy? Maybe.... Maybe not.... it doesnt state a specific engine... so if I was the OP and they wouldnt cover them under warranty I would bring that up....

:happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
lol too bad mines a Canadian truck... Federal Emissions truck... LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts