The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 7.3 for ten years trouble free, best vehicle I ever owned. I do not tow, I use as a car, just like the truck. Reading, reading and reading..........Is the 6.7 with all BS aside an easy daily driver. Is the exhaust fluid a hassle, are the mechanics familiar with the bugs if any. Or is there another manufacturer with less issues? Not meaning to stir it up.

·
40 Posts
I've had my '12 F-450 for three months now, about 3400 miles so far. I'm very impressed with this engine, power is tremendous for a factory stock truck. The DEF fluid is a non-issue, it only has to be added occasionally. Much better mileage than my '08 F-450 w/6.4 diesel. So far I'm getting about 16 mpg with the 6.7 compared to 12 with the '08, both with 4.30 axle ratios.

As much as I like diesels, if I was using the truck only for driving and no towing, I'd go for a gas engine. Much less initial cost and less hassle. Lower costs for oil changes and fuel. Fuel mileage would be decent but not much less than the current diesels.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,451 Posts
We run the 6.2L's out on the flightline in a few pickups and a stakebed, and they are working pretty good. If I didn't need to tow, I wouldn't want to pay diesel fuel and maintenance.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts