The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, this is my first post here. I own a 2005 dodge diesel. I want the turbo to be really loud out the exhoust. is there a turbo that will do that. I heard a ford the other day and it sounded like a jet taking off.
my truck has a straight pipe, air aid filter system, and edge ez chip.

·
3,514 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Did you remove the scilencer ring yet? The ford has a variable geometer turbo and different engine configuration. It will be very hard to achieve that sound on a dodge. You don't really get much of the throat deep diesel sound out of the fords though.
Sean

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
welcome to the site. Agreed have you taken the silencer ring out of the front of the turbo yet? And ford has a different turbo configuration than dodge like sstockton said. The 6.0 fords sound wicked with a straight pipe and filter. But it is hard to achieve that sound on a Dodge with a stock turbo.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already pulled the silencer ring out. do you'll know of an aftermarket turbo that will do that. thanks for the replys

·
Registered
34 Posts
that thing should scream wit the mods u mentioned. i dont even have a filter kit and cant talk on the phone or hear the radio with the windows up! LOL

·
Powerstroke Killer
137 Posts
Its a ring on the compressor side of the turbo that DC wanted added to cut turbo whistle down, there is a snap ring that holds it in there, it can be a pain to remove but once you do it will sing to you. Once you remove your air intake you will see it. Here is a pic of it.

Attachments

·
1,189 Posts
any benefit to removing it? other than the noise..

·
Registered
10 Posts
silencer ring

Anybody mind helping a fella on "just how" to remove that silencer ring? :thanks:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I removed mine and it was simple once I understood how. LOL. All you really need is a flat screwdriver.

I couldn't tell a BIG difference in mine, but it did have a little higher "shrill" at lower RPM levels..

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
no snap ring pliers will not work look at one you will understand

·
Registered
550 Posts
the ring is dezined as a snap ring that dos not have an edge on it that is easy to get to with snap ring pliers. you just need a thin flathead screwdriver to press the snap ring out. and then throw it away because u will never use it again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts