The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
newb
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to order a set of warn hubs for my 01 and I was told that i need a conversion kit? The guy said it comes with new spindle nuts. Does this sound correct?

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Conversion Kit???:shrug:
I've installed many of these kits and none needed any conversion kit.
Remove the snap ring holding your hub in, remove the hub, install the internal part of the new hub with the provided snap ring, bolt on the cover and go.:rockon:
SD front hubs don't have spindle nuts, the hub/bearing assembly is a sealed unit and the axle is held in place with a snap ring.
You might want to find a new parts guy!:nunu:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
yep :whs

·
newb
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats kinda what i was thinkin!! And by the way this is why i never use 4wheelpart wholesale!! Thanks for the quick answers!!

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts
I put Warn Premiums on my 01 F350 and didn't use a conversion kit

·
382 Posts
blueballin said:
I was going to order a set of warn hubs for my 01 and I was told that i need a conversion kit? The guy said it comes with new spindle nuts. Does this sound correct?
hey google "warn manual hubs" they explain it very well. im pretty excited no more having to guess if the hubs are locked in or not. you gotta love fords 2 little dots that wear off.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
No conversion kit needed. I think the sales guy needed a conversion kit to smart guy because he aint to smart!

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
I have warns on my truck and they are solid but the only prob is that in cold weather they freeze and are hurt my hands to turn them. I generally get a set of 90 degree needle nose to turn them.:pointlaugh :damnit LOL

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I don't know if they are capable of being disassembled, but if they can be then you might want to relube them with some good synthetic grease, might help the cold weather problem.

·
Honorary Superduty Member
68 Posts
blueballin said:
Spindle nuts huh, this parts guy sounds smart:damnit

Warn hubs are east as pie to put in, and they dont need spindle nuts, considering there is no spindle.

Would you like some pics of how they install?

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
dukedrummer89 said:

Warn hubs are east as pie to put in, and they dont need spindle nuts, considering there is no spindle.

I would like to see some pictures, Thanks

·
newb
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dukedrummer89 said:

Sure if you wouldnt mind! I have put many hubs in. I have a jeep with 1tons and some more stuff. I just called to get a price quote on some hubs and this is what the guy told me. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts