The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you followed some of my post on another thread you know what I have ben getting ready to take my truck in to the dealer fully tuned and with the DPF delete pipe installed for a 4 Wheel Drive issue. Well today I took it in, told them the problems and at the end I told them it was tuned and the DPF was removed. They said no problem and thanks for letting them know in advance. They were thankful for telling them in advance and were really curious about the system. I was told and I quote "We can give to sh!ts about it and would do anything to make sure all and any parts are covered under the warranty no mater what" as long as was up front with them. Anyway turns out the transfer case motor is shot and they have to order one and will get it replaced next week. So in the meantime I have no $ Wheel Drive. So fast forward to this afternoon I go to pick the truck up and I have all of the diesel techs asking me questions about the system. In the end I take the service manager, 2 diesel techs and the owner for a ride. All of them were extremely impressed with the Spartan System. If it is kosher I would like to post the name of dealer so that all diesel owners in the Atlanta area know were they can go for service. If it is not OK you can send me a PM.

Jerrod

·
1,077 Posts
Congrats man. My dealer already told me too get f$#cked.

·
5,365 Posts
my guess is it wont be long before FMC slaps the dealers hand...becareful who you tell
if you want this to last.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree, keep the dealer out of this so they don't get jammed up. Great to hear some dealers are still reasonable, I have a dealer that is very much the same. Reasonable customer and reasonable dealers need to work together. Don't ask for something to be paid for or warrenty if it's your fault. A 4wd motor on the transfer case has nothing to do with exhaust or tuning.

·
100 Posts
Dealer here said I could do the air intake and exhaust but wasn't so easy or was for warning me about Ford and their warranty issues.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep it to myself unless someone really wants to know. I do realize that it is just a 4 Wheel Drive motor but I was told even if it was a engine related issue they will do whatever they can to get it warrantied for me.

·
5,365 Posts
i think knowing where you are, someone that is having some dealer issues
will likely contact you to determine where a better dealer may be located.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
Mine is at the dealer right now for the venturi Tee and a new tow/haul mode switch...I told them what I have done to it and they said ok. They like to know in advance, just in case they have to hook up a computer to it

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
DO NOT TAKE YOUR TRUCK IN TUNED!!! They may seem nice now but they WILL CHANGE THIER MIND!!!! They are taking a lot of flack and they will hide a few small things but they are keeping records of your truck and if something goes wrong they will bend you over......

I am going through this, I told them before I bought my tuner, they were cool, I brought it in tuned (on a low setting) they were kinda cool, then I bring it in for a problem that they can't fix and they are NOT COOL NOW... I guy I know showed me MY file and it says, air intake installed, pieces of exaust missing, excessive soot in pipe and then his boss came in so I couldn't read anymore. There was 4 or more pages on my truck so I sat down with the Manager (not telling him what I saw) and I told him that I am selling everything and he will never see my truck tuned or anything else EVER AGAIN and he still said to me that I will have troubles in the future with my Warrenty... Its gonna get worse. they are even giving me a hard time about my larger tires even though they were installed by a different dealer

Good Luck

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I kinda feel the same. I think that they will be ok with all the tuner stuff until Ford tells them to Stop being so easy on us, then they will get on everyone. But for now they may make notes about all the stuff thats been done, for future reference.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
I guess it's a "who you know kinda thing"...the dealer that I go to, used to put Superchips,bullydog, and hypertechs on some of their 6.0's...they get them lifted and other stuff like that too and give full warrenty, b/c they sell it like that. Plus we use them for the 15 powerstrokes in our fleet

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I think the only way to be COMPLETLY covered is to catch the service manager "helping" a sheep over the fence and you have the photos to prove it.

Reactions: Rene G

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hollywood you need a drink. That was written with a little fear or paranoia. My truck is tuned and will stay that way when ever I go to the dealership. And I also understand that if I broke it with the tuning then I will pay for it. However if it is something that would have broke anyway I would fully expect for Ford to pick up the bill.

Jerrod

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Except for a HG or EGR. Right

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
My diesel tech said that if a truck come in that is tuned and the owner says it isn't and wants it done under warranty, they won't do it. But if they come in and say that it is or was tuned, he said that he will fix it under warranty most of the time. Some places don't care and some do.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I guess then it becomes a game of he said she said. Good thing Spartan cleans up so well.

·
1,077 Posts
exactly. i dont like to play he said she said.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
DO NOT TAKE YOUR TRUCK IN TUNED!!! They may seem nice now but they WILL CHANGE THIER MIND!!!! They are taking a lot of flack and they will hide a few small things but they are keeping records of your truck and if something goes wrong they will bend you over......

I am going through this, I told them before I bought my tuner, they were cool, I brought it in tuned (on a low setting) they were kinda cool, then I bring it in for a problem that they can't fix and they are NOT COOL NOW... I guy I know showed me MY file and it says, air intake installed, pieces of exaust missing, excessive soot in pipe and then his boss came in so I couldn't read anymore. There was 4 or more pages on my truck so I sat down with the Manager (not telling him what I saw) and I told him that I am selling everything and he will never see my truck tuned or anything else EVER AGAIN and he still said to me that I will have troubles in the future with my Warrenty... Its gonna get worse. they are even giving me a hard time about my larger tires even though they were installed by a different dealer

Good Luck

If you want to see if they are documenting things with FORD. Pull the Oasis. There should be some records there. If they are keeping it to them selves and it makes you uncomfortable. Find another dealer to work with.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Me personally, I don't care how cool the guys at the dealership are, if I need warranty work done, I'm taking everything off. I believe that they will be keeping a file on your, and when they decide to turn on you, you won't have a chance to say ****. If it never happens to some guys, thats great, but I just don't think I'm going to trust any dealership.

·
181 Posts
My Dealer said that they dont care if I leave it on if the warranty issue is not related to anything that does not require them to hook up there diagnostic tool. (Wheel Seal etc.) If they have to hook up to the ECU because of an engine related issue etc they can see that the truck is not going into Regen and the diagnostic report that has to go in with the warranty claim to Ford gets Red Flagged. They told me to put it back to stock if I think they will need to hook up the diagnostic tool

1 - 20 of 33 Posts