The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use to wash/wax your camper. I want to hear what everyone else has experienced so I dont have to try everything out myself.. :haha I prefer quick easy and power washing if possible...:thumbsup

·
156 Posts
zip wax or turtle wax car wash stuff, and a heavy dose of simple green on the front, and also to take off black scuffs and the smoke residue.:thumbsup

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I use a soap called Gel-Gloss(its a wash.wax) and on the nose cone I use NuFinish wax. Makes it look new and shiney. can't wait to get it back from being fixed.

·
302 Posts
I used Mcguires NXT wax. It goes on and comes of easy. It has been about 15 months since I waxed it and it is still doing good. Cleans up pretty easy.:thumbsup:usflag

·
1,661 Posts
I wash with simple green and wax with ICE

·
102 Posts
i use Korkey cleaner it works amazing spray it on rinse it off then a nice coat of wax and shell look brand new!

·
28 Posts
:whs Korkay Great Stuff...Only problem is you have to order online

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
I have not done my new one yet (It's 39' long, so I am dreading it)... The new one is fiberglass sided, the old one was aluminum. I waxed the old one with Nufinish and also tried Meguiars Gold Class on it.. The Nufinish held up better but was harder to put on/take off...

I just bought some stuff recommended by my dealer that is made by Thetford that is a wash/wax all in one. I figure to use it until the fall and then probably put a hand wax on it with something, just not sure what yet....

Reactions: LeanneL

·
25 Posts
What does everyone use to wash/wax your camper. I want to hear what everyone else has experienced so I dont have to try everything out myself.. :haha I prefer quick easy and power washing if possible...:thumbsup
i use full timers choice wash and wax from wal-mart . stay away from preasure washing . campers are easy enough to develope a leak as they are usually not sealed very well from the factory anyway . a preasure washer will blow right through a seal and you will not know it until your walls are rotton from leaking .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts