The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All three of these light came on and started to choke and sputter for a second.I could either rev it up or leave it and then would run fine.I live 20 miles from work when about 17 miles of those 20 it just quit.Had to get towed home.Now the wait to start light won't light up when I crank it over which leads me to believe that the glow plug controller is shot.But also when it was choking I must have water in the fuel.How can if I do have water that it kills the gp controller?I've owned this truck (1999 F-250) for 1.5 years and drove my 1988 F-250 for 11 with out ever having water or controller issues.Will get a chance on the week end to look at it.Any one want to chime in.
Thanks
Kevin

·
rock removal technition
589 Posts
sounds like the fuel heater in the bowl shorted out.
look for a blown fuse , forget the # right now, but it is the one for the computer

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it runnung today.Checked for blown fuses,all were good.Last night put in conditioner to treat water and ice.It fired up today without being plugged in.I didn't find any bad wiring at the fuel heater but I am suspecting I could have a weak gp controller.Should change out that this week.I don't know if I trust the truck yet,I did let it run for 1.5 hours just not unser a load.That's when it acted up before.Try and get it out for a ride tomorrow with better fuel in it.
To busy with snow removal to go for a spin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts