The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my truck was pretty low on fuel so I filled it up at a truck stop drove it home about a mile and parked it where it sat for about a week in a half. Started it up drive less then a mile truck says water in fuel so I pulled over and drained the filter and water just keep coming out so I drive it back home after I Finley got it started and drained more water out of the separator so I need to drain my tank of all diesel and water because I think it is more water then diesel. What is the best way to do this?

·
3,051 Posts
Loosen outlet line from hfcm frame rail pump or inlet feed line to secondary fuel filter bowl...attach a hose-funnel into bucket or barrel...hook up battery charger to maintain voltage and jump fuel pump relay and let hfcm fuel pump drain the tank / But I would get in contact with fuel station, seems they would have many complaints if that much water was in in fuel and may pay for all repairs as they should have insurance to cover this / I would drain all fuel possible and change filters twice / no doubt you got a real bad batch of fuel or someone sabotaged your tank /

Harry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts