The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my water in fuel light came on. I stopped to drain the seporator and found my sensor was unplugged. I was some what puzzled why the light had not came on sooner if it was related to this sensor being unplugged since I have put on about 3k miles since I changed my filter. So i simply plugged the sensor back in and assumed this was the problem.

About 3 miles down the road the light popped on again, so I stopped and drained the filter for about 30 seconds. A few miles down the road, and the light popped on again. Again I drained the water seporator. Again 3 miles or so and the light popped on again. Im out on a run about 1500 miles from home so Im a little more concerend then if i was running around at home.

Im wondering if the fact that I left the sensor unplugged has anything to do with this. Maybe the computer needs to be reset?? If so is this as simple as disconnecting the batteries for a few mins?

Any ideas would be helpfull. The truck runs fine, no loss of power at all.

Thanks

·
jammer
44 Posts
Might need a reset from the Ford guys.

jammer :cool:

·
3,533 Posts
Are you getting water when you drain the filter? it may be you got a load of dad fuel this is the time of year that the ground warms up and the ice in the underground fuel tanks melts and is pumped out.
Do keep us informed on the cure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts