The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get rid of it? The light is driving me crazy( and it just came on today!). Is there a way to eleminate it besides draining the tank?

Thanks,
James

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Drain the water out of the filter. Its on the passenger side of the truck, on the bottom of the sensor you will find a draincock attatched to your WIF sensor. Be careful to not pull your sensor wires out by accident. Just put a old baby food jar under the drain and you will be good to go.

Might be a good idea to replace the fuel filter and transmission spin on just for insurance purposes. Thats what I did after I bought mine, boy did it make a heck of a differance in the shifting of the truck! But always be careful of the sensor wires of that WIF sensor.

Tony

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I would atleast empty out the water before you drive it another foot. Water ingestion is a bad thing on high compression diesel engines!

Tony

·
3,939 Posts
Change out the filter. Unfortuneately, when you get a bad load of fuel, you can go through a few filters. While you're at it, clean out the WIF sensor water petcock.

I'd also look into adding some sort of drying agent into the fuel. Maybe something like Powerservice's Diesel911?

Lastly, find a different place to fuel up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts