The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been pouring buckets here today, I just went out to grab my wallet out of my truck and noticed the passanger side mat had water on it. Look underneath and I can see small drips rolling in from where the heater fan is. I've noticed in the past that the corner of the windsheild has that foggy water spot on the bottom. I had heard they leak too as time goes on. I've never noticed water in the cab though, but the cab is parked uphill (not anymore as I just moved it), and it stopped when I parked down hill.

Should I get a new windshield? Are there are known leak spots?

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
The other side of the windshield is known to leak as well . . .

causing GEM issues when water gets to that module and/or the fuse box.

Probably will go away if you get it re-sealed, but if yours is anything like mine it's been sandblasted over the last 11 years and could stand to be replaced.

prt

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the windshield itself is mint.

does insurance cover a re-seal, or just replacements?

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$100-125 for re-seal. Not bad. Not leaking today, parked cab down hill.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
This has happened twice in my truck over a year ago. The only thing that I can think of was that the vent selector was on defrost and floor mode. Hasn't done it since, no matter how I park it.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I'll have to make a note of that next time. I typically turn the selector to off/

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rain today. No water, hmm.

Zach could be right.

Should really get that windshield sealed anyways.

·
326 Posts
My dad's truck leaks water everytime it rains. What does a normal windshield replacement cost?

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You probably just need a reseal.

They told me 100-125$.

·
326 Posts
No my dad's windshield is trashed it has a film on it that won't come off. I think the layers are seperating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts