The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be installing a cooling mist kit on my 03 7.3 and was wondering if anyone could post pics of where you installed the spray nozzel cause the kit doesn't give any instructions on that and i wanna make sure i put it in the best spot. Thanks for any help that can be given

·
459 Posts
Just Curious as to why u are installing a water/meth kit? Do you have other mods on the truck u dont have listed?

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got my boost gauge where the intake heater was right now but could see about moving it. I do alot of towing and workin the truck so i got it more for the cooling part not so much for performance.

·
459 Posts
What kind of EGTs are u seeing when towing? i would look at an upgraded intercooler before water/meth.

·
626 Posts
What kind of EGTs are u seeing when towing? i would look at an upgraded intercooler before water/meth.
Especially since the OP has an '03 PMR engine--unless he has a built CR in the garage waiting for conversion, drugs+PMRs is a bad combination...

·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i've got the kit already so was just lookin for the location of the nozzel because it only comes with general directions for any truck.

·
459 Posts
i still recommend the intercooler instead, and maybe a bigger exhaust housing on your turbo for EGT cooling.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
PMR's are very touchy, Some peoples hold up well. Others like mine go thru the block LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts