The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any pros or cons would be appreciated. the cooling mist stage II w/ big tank.

·
1,921 Posts
What are you useing it for? What are you trying to accomplish with it?

·
90 Posts
Love it on my Turbo sled! Can run big boost on pump gas!!

Skydog

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am running Snow Performance and love it. I use it pulling my fifth wheel and it keeps the temps under check. If you are using it for this you will diffently need the big tank. I have the 7 gallon add on. It starts spraying at 10 boost or 900 degree and is sprayed in percentages, the more boost more heat the higher the percentage of spray.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
would it be worth the money if you used it only for drag racing or racing on the highway? by worth it i mean the power gain?

thnx

not trying to hijack your thread platinum01.

·
266 Posts
I was also curious on who was happy with the Meth injection...

I was wanting to get it to cool my EGT's when towing.

·
6,337 Posts
HotSauce2138 said:
would it be worth the money if you used it only for drag racing or racing on the highway? by worth it i mean the power gain?

thnx

not trying to hijack your thread platinum01.

If you looking at it for a power gain, look elsewhere. It is a EGT cooling tool, with a side benifit of a mild boost in HP. At 40% meth with stock injectors I saw a 40hp gain. Thats with Methonal, not Washer Fluid.

·
6,337 Posts
platinum01 said:
any pros or cons would be appreciated. the cooling mist stage II w/ big tank.

Pro's,

Cooler EGT's, this allows you to tow in hotter settings or with more ease.

Small boost in HP, at 40% meth, got me 40hp...

Cleans the motor, when I blew mine (completely unrelated to the water) the inside of the cylinder walls were perfect, the tops of the pistons were shiny... All but one...LOL

Negitives... There really are none if the kit is installed correctly and you dont go crazy with the % of meth. Anything under 40% the cylinder pressure spike is next to none, over 50% and it goes up like a rocket.

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
So if you run big injectors and a big turbo and still have the stock CAC is this a way to not have to install a bigger CAC or is it better to install a CAC. Also can you use any windshield washer fluid or are there ones to stear away from.

·
266 Posts
Washer Fluid???

and what is a CAC?

·
10 Posts
most washer fluid is 50% water 50% methanol correct?
CAC(charge air cooler) A.K.A intercooler

·
6,337 Posts
Smokn97 said:
most washer fluid is 50% water 50% methanol correct?
CAC(charge air cooler) A.K.A intercooler

Most is 20% some is 30%... but all have soap and detergents in them...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
csi is 20-30%^ meth or water? just to be clear?

·
255 Posts
20-30% Meth.

·
6,337 Posts
camojeeper said:
csi is 20-30%^ meth or water? just to be clear?

20-30% meth... but thats part of the issue... You DO NOT know what the exact mix is... I have found only one that says 30% VOC on it, but what is VOC? could be many differant things in the mix...

·
1,921 Posts
I would only use it for short bursts like nitrous. Works great for the srip or sled pulling or when you want to spank up on that dodge off the light and be able to control your EGTs. To use as a continuous EGT cooler like if you are towing it's going to take a huge tank to keep enough water in it to last. Yeah most gas stations have water but most charge you $.75 to get it and it's not nearly enough to fill a large tank. If you want something continuous for towing get a Spearco intercooler.

·
6,337 Posts
gtspowerstroke said:
I would only use it for short bursts like nitrous. Works great for the srip or sled pulling or when you want to spank up on that dodge off the light and be able to control your EGTs. To use as a continuous EGT cooler like if you are towing it's going to take a huge tank to keep enough water in it to last. Yeah most gas stations have water but most charge you $.75 to get it and it's not nearly enough to fill a large tank. If you want something continuous for towing get a Spearco intercooler.

I beg to differ... I can get water anywhere... and with my 8 gallon tank I have to stop for fuel before I run out of water 90% of the time. 8 gallons lasts me about 400-600 miles depending on how I run the system...

·
1,921 Posts
Is that 400-600 while towing or just unladen driving? You are right you can go into most any store and buy 8 gallons of water for $8.00s and dump it in. Most service stations will have a hose that they will most likely let you get water from but most just regular gas station/quickie marts only have the pay to operate water. It may be a little different out where you are as it seems more of the outlieing areas are a little better equiped.

I guess it boils down to one of those things that do you really want to hassle with it constantly or just "set it and forget it." For continuous use I'll take the IC hands down every time. For short periods of extreem use I'll add the water to it.

That's just my opinion on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a 2000 7.3 and I use a "home made" kit on mine, with about a mix of about 35% methanol, 60% water, and 5% Top Lube. The top lube is just something I do, it doesn't make any more power, I just use it to sustain the life of my setup. I only use mine for strip use and i usually pick up 3 tenths. I have tried the washer fluid, and have only found a few brands that are up to par, and there usually the cheapest believe it or not. $0.99 blue jug at Advance worked alright, I just trust my recipe more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts