The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried water meth? I'm running a twin turbo p pumped 24 valve. I have the air and still have plenty of fuel left to squeeze out but haven't because I wanna keep the egt's down. How much would water meth help. Id like to stay away from nos and propane only because I think getting a lot of power out of just fuel is more respectful. Not knocking on any one that uses spray but its just not something I'm into although the 1200hp numbers are awesome. Just looking for some input. Also if it is a good idea who makes some of the best kits. Oh yeah I use the truck as a daily but I drag and dyno with it too. Thanks .

·
3,514 Posts
Looks like you've already addressed the head. That is the main issue that I have seen with water/meth is the increased cylinder pressure leads to head gasket failures. If you are just looking for cooler EGT's I would consider just doing water injection. No real power gained, but it will cool the air in the intake.
Sean

·
Local Cummins nut
261 Posts
From what I hear water meth wont help EGT's Unless you are spraying mostly all water. But spraying mostly all water wont get you much if any more power just cooler EGT's. Spraying a healthy mix of water/meth will get you more power but not lower EGT's & higher drive preshur. But again this is just what I have heard.

·
WHOS NEXT
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See what id like to do is get cooler egts so I can add more fuel that's where ill pick up the power.

·
78 Posts
I see Robts is running it, and he seems to have one hell of a set up. Why don't you PM him and ask? I was considering the same thing from Snow performance mostly for the MPGs. Good luck, post your results.:thumbsup

·
Registered
20 Posts
if your running only water are there any head problems/ concerns?? and i have been looking at upgrading my valvesprings but really have no clue where to start??

·
3,514 Posts
The main head issues stem from the meth which is used as a fuel, more bang means higher cylinder pressure, which puts more strain on the head gasket. Water injection cools intake air temps, resulting in air with a higher oxygen density. Higher oxygen density, means either lower EGT's and lower smoke. If you do this, just to allow yourself too run even more fuel, then you may end up having to be concerned about your head still. What are you currently running for fuel and boost? What is your current set up like?
Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts