The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Drain water seperator light came on so i drained it. I got in my truck to go somewhere and it came on again so I drained it again. It kept doing that so I changed all my fuel filter's and cleaned the seperator out and it is still coming on :bang. It has been doing this for some time now and I thought maybe it was a bad tank of fuel and would work its way out. I'm starting to think that maybe it's a bad sensor now. Any idea on where the sensor is located and how hard it is to change?? I'm going to try that and see if that works.

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't run any kind of additive.

·
212 Posts
If you are still having your issues, you might try runnning an additive to help pull the moisture out of the fuel. Try a bit of a heavy mix and run it through.

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I'm still having an issue. What kind of fuel additive would you recomend??

·
95 Posts
The sensor is in the HFCM in the frame rail. I had the same problem in my old 6.0. It may go away after a while. If you drian the seperator and you know for sure there is no water in there I would run it for a bit. Just crawl under and drain as the light comes on, there may be some residual water stuck in the sensor. I drain into something clear and let it sit for for a couple of hours and see if you get any fuel/water seperation. If all is good then you should have nothing to worry about. Hope this helps:thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sensor is in the HFCM in the frame rail. I had the same problem in my old 6.0. It may go away after a while. If you drian the seperator and you know for sure there is no water in there I would run it for a bit. Just crawl under and drain as the light comes on, there may be some residual water stuck in the sensor. I drain into something clear and let it sit for for a couple of hours and see if you get any fuel/water seperation. If all is good then you should have nothing to worry about. Hope this helps:thumbsup
Thanks alot bro. I will try that and hopefully it helps. If not, I guess I'll try changing the sensor and hope that works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts