The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under moderate to heavy acceleration, my truck will run through the gears, but when it comes to shift and lock the converter, it will try to lock, come unlocked, and then lock back up. The problem is that one it definitely seems like something is wrong and two if i ever get in a race im gonna get fried because of it. I checked my TQSLIP and it was fine while the converter was locked, so I guess the problem is just getting it locked?

Anyone know what the problem would be?

Running the 275 (not the new update files)

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
I say update to the new strategy flash tuner cause all the new tunes have been tinkered with In the transmission dept

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright. I wanted to wait till I had $ for the tcm to do that so i didn't have to buy a new set of tunes. Plus i'm gonna have to send my DD to them cuz I have a Mac

·
1,415 Posts
Mine has done the same thing for along time, I been kinda hoping for it to blow up so i can get a suncoast. but it just wont let go. Just so you know mine has probably done this for 30,000 km

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
my truck does the same thing.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Mine has always done it. Thats why I drive it nice. I dont think it was hurting anything. Just stacking the house in my favor, so I didnt get a surprise repair bill. LOL so much for being responsible. Was going to get a suncoast this spring anyway.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well know that we know its not an isolated incident, wonder if someone can help us figure out what's causing it.

·
1,415 Posts
Yup im a job one, but been to lazy to switch over, I have everything to do it just havent wanted to spend the few hours to do it.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea I'm a job one. I just don't wanna pay for my tunes twice since i don't have money for a tcm at the moment.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh. But if I did it once and then came back a few months later needing the TCM files would I have to pay?

·
179 Posts
oh. But if I did it once and then came back a few months later needing the TCM files would I have to pay?
No. When you upgrade to the Strategy Tuner holds all the tunes for for all the strategies already on it and they are accessible depending on what level license you have. When you buy the Spartan TCM, they issue you a new license that unlocks the TCM tunes for your strategy. You pay for custom tunes or changes to them. You need to email your vin, highest HP tune, and strategy to get a license. Pretty sure thats how it works. I'm sure Mick or someone at Spartan will verify this for you. Kind of a bummer that you have to send back to upgrade because it is pretty easy to do if you have a PC.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks big island boy. I will probably try to use my roommates laptop before i send it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts