The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was with my buddy who has a 6.0 with twins and we were messin around and itgot me in the mood to act like an idiot on the way home. But everytime I hit it WOT or pretty close, i got this rumbling noise inthe engine or something likea rumbling noise im not really sure how to describe it. im not sure if its just the truck kickin up really loud or what but it kinda made me a little nervous so I figured i'd post and ask. Its been a loong time since i've romped on my truck and I very rarely go WOT.

I also noticed that my truck shifts weird in OD, it'll like shift into OD, shift out, then back in. and b/c it does that it quits pulling.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'd take it out and run it hard right now to see if i could describe it better but its been raining hard all day

something makes me thing it's like the turbo over boosting or something but it was only hittin like 45 psi when it was doing it

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be that i just haven't run the truck hard in a long time? I'm gonna reload the tune either tomorrow or friday

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Also could be your fan, if you are in a hot area.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
it was relatively cool last night when it happened. mid to high 60s

the truck is getting buffed tomorrow thanks to a bunch of drunks at the last few concerts I went to. When i get it back (probably friday) i'll mess around with it and try to get a video of it happening so that you can hear it.

I checked for codes last night after it happened but only got the regulars. p1000 and one for brake switch b circuit.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just took it out and couldn't get it to do it. probably just overthinking things

·
Registered
38 Posts
just took it out and couldn't get it to do it. probably just overthinking things
happens to me in my 7.3 all the time :happymugs
i'll think i hear a weird noise coming from the engine compartment but the next day i hop in and realize its something stupid and normal lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts