The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, need some help.

I just installed my Street tune from ID (runs great by the way). I do not know if this is related to the Street tune I just installed, but since the problem occurred right after,... I am thinking it might be related. Here is the problem:

After I installed the Street tune I drove to my son's baseball practice. As
I put the truck into 'Park' it beeped about 3 or 4 times. (The beep sounded
like the warning beep if you open your door with the truck in gear. I thought I had left the headlights on or something.) After the 3-4 beeps, the left hand turn blinker turned on and will NOT turn off!! Now the right one does not work either. Is this possibly related to installing the Street tune??? I wouldn't think so, but when you are re-programming a computer anything can happen.

I checked and I do not have any DTC's.

I don't know what to do at this point. The only way I can get the blinker
to turn off is pull the fuse.

Anybody else have this happen?

Any thoughts or ideas?

I guess tomorrow I will have to pull the steering column and see what is going on in there.

·
3,306 Posts
Damn, that is weird. But the computer has nothing to do with the blinkers and headlights, only engine and tranny programming

·
511 Posts
could be you blinker/multi switch ive broken 2 of them in 2 years... its like 96 bucks

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When your switch broke did it make a warning beep like mine did?

·
511 Posts
no thats the wierd part

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anything specific to look for when I open the steering column?

·
356 Posts
It could be something as simple as a bulb shorted out. If you haven't done so, I would check them before I pulled the column apart, it may just save you alot of headaches and time. Just a thought.

Scott

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All three blinkers r working. The rear, the sideview mirror, and the front left. The problem is they are all working and won't stop!!!!!

·
356 Posts
What I mean is try pulling all of them and then reinstall them one at a time and see what happens. If the problem comes back with the first one then pull it back out and try the next one and a different location. You might try putting the stock program in and unplug the batteries for a little bit and see what that does.

Scott

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But could the lights have anything to do with the programing? Otherwise I do not see the reason for disconnecting the batteries to reset the computer.

So you think a shorted bulb could cause my problem?

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK. I got the steering column apart and removed the whole switch assembly. As soon as I disconnected one of the two electrical connectors, the left turn blinker stopped blinking. I guess I found my problem. Must just be a bad switch I guess. There does not appear to be anything broken with the switch itself though. I'm guessing it is something internal in the switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts