The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on start up when cold truck knocks like crazy just like my other truck when an injector went. some white smoke, mix with hint of black at first, then just white, strong diesel smell. truck runns pretty good when warm. had the local shop(not ford) through it on a scanner and it past buzz test. did have some codes:
low boost(has showed up three times)
#8 gp circut failure(but that is the first time that has showed and truck has done this sence i got it, and truck starts great and its been 10 or colder here)
Fuel injector control mod. (has showed up twice)

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What?

·
645 Posts
take it to the dealer and have it reprogrammed, that fixes 99% of rought cold starts. as for the codes, sounds like a sticky turbo and maybe wiring issue for the ficm and gp or a bad gp.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
I had been having the same problem for quite some time now... I took it to the dealer last week and they reprogrammed and it starts perfect now...

·
2,035 Posts
Mine used to be the same way...it ran like crap when I first cranked it in the morning. Got the latest flash and it runs fine now.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys as soon as i get to the dealer i will have them reflash it

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
if the truck is running rough as hell even when its warmed up or its dumping white smoke.. bad injector....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
runs fine warm so i think the reflash might do the trick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts