The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to Richmond Dragway Friday to run the Mach 1 after doing a bunch of work to it, and was not impressed with my first run. So, I decided, what the hell and registered the truck and ran it. The first run I built boost while I staged on the first lights, then rolled into the second beam, man what a feel turbo charge vehicles have on the line. Never ran a turbocharged vehicle before. I took off and smoked the tires through the first eighth. That was feathering it. Came back to the pits and everyone was loving it, laughing that a duelly smoked the tires down the track. I ran like a 19 that run, think I got burn out box water on my tires even though I was avoiding it.

Next run, I rolled into the first beam, and didn't build up so much, rolled into the second and left on the third yellow. That time I left at about 1/2 pedal, for about the first 60 ft. then floored it. It broke loose on the 2-3 shift, I pedaled it a little and got back into it. Boy was that thing moving down the track. I figured off the line would be all there was to it, but wrong! This thing DOES HAVE a top end charge. A diesel?? WTF? I did like a 2.0 60ft and a [email protected]

I decided to stop there, ever worried about hgs. Im sure if I really tried and let some air out of the tires I could have pulled off a 14.50...

So, to who ever said I couldn't do a high 13 with what I have done, I beg to differ...if I tried harder. Also, I could only imagine if this were a f250 2wd... It would do a 13.

So that got me thinking about going faster, and I found these....Oh God, Oh God! They are shiny!!

Attachments

·
645 Posts
Where did you find those? I though the only powerstroke with a "header" option was the 7.3 and those were from DI. I know there have been a few that have made a set but nothing was in production or anything like that.

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
Those don't look like 6.0L headers...more like 7.3 headers.

If you find headers for the 6.0L, they will be around $1000.00

·
1,661 Posts
Next time you go to the track with it, put it in 4wd, make sure you are moving when you put it in 4wd so the hubs will lock in. Do a boosted launch and that should put you in the high 13's!

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WoooHooo! I have always been told I would break stuff if I did that...I guess you can!! I'll save that for after the hgs.... I found them on Outlaw Diesel. They do have 7.3 headers, and they look WAAAYYY cooler than the 6L headers in the pic in this post. The headers are about 1200.00 with the coating as pictured. Its a very thick coating, so I wouldn't be worried about loss of enthalpy. As far as the price goes, I paid more for my SLP headers I just put on my Mach I with cats. And really, most of the guys around here have custom rims and tires...how much do they have wrapped up in that? I wouldn't worry about underhood temps, I put headers with the same coating on my mudstain and my underhood temps stayed the same. If they were uncoated...it would get hotter. You really should look at they're 7.3 headers...its just....heavanly. They almost look like jewelry.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
these trucks a useless at the track in 2wd. try it, youll be alot more impressed.

·
194 Posts
Hwystar where are you from. I almost went out to Richmond dragway this last weekend too but never made it. Goin to OBX dragway this weekend to watch unless my parts show up sooner then I expect and then maybe i'll run.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
That was me that said you wouldn't get in the high 13's and I still don't think you will. On Innovatives xtreme race tune, intake and 4" tbe (02 F250, wd king ranch, 3.73's) launching on 20 psi of boost in 4wd, I ran 15 flat, all day long. My 60 footers were 1.9's. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have seen a ton of 6.0's run and have only seen one in the 13's with your mods and it was x-cab short box 4wd.

·
3,306 Posts
I believe BWD(black widow diesel) has polished stainless headers also.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just screwing with you...I don't know though, it just seems like if I hadn't backed out of it a couple of times as I had to, I would have easily done a mid-14. From there it isn't that far.... Yeah, I live out in Gloucester, about 60 miles outside of Richmond. PM me, maybe we can hook up and go out to the track sometime. I have some things I would like to try on the Mustang, so we will be hitting the track again. Probly not this week though, weather looks bad.

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
I think 13's are possible. I was in the high 14's on a crappy launch at 8180 lbs. SRW though. At worst, you'll end up in the low, low 14's.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
fwiw my 06 xcab sb 4x4 weighing in at 7150 ran 13.84 @ 95mph with an exhaust, egr delete and extreme race file. i dont know if you will hit 13s due to the weight of your truck and the added rotational mass but id bet youll be close. elevation, weather, condition of the truck, etc will all be a factor in this.

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
I should have added that at the time I was at stock height, stock tires, and stock gears. However, I also added a topper and a pile of stereo equipment. Only performance mods were exhaust, intake, and SCT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts